MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Batch Reacquire? Low quality original timecode?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Hayden
Batch Reacquire? Low quality original timecode?
on Sep 19, 2012 at 3:28:29 pm

Workflow for most projects to save disk space used to be digitize betasp footage at 10kb make edits and redigitize at 300kb -- all easily accomplished with the batch reacquire feature.

With HD mts files I've been encoding to h264 sd and importing to media 100 at 15kb. All of the encoded clips have a zero start timecode, so when I bring in the hi-quality clips I have the clip # but I have to figure out the in and out points.

Is there a way to retain the original timecode on my low quality clips?

I saw a thread on Batch Reacquire - but tapeless!? -- from a couple of years ago -- but didn't really see any solutions.

Thanks.

L.O.A.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Batch Reacquire? Low quality original timecode?
on Sep 19, 2012 at 5:29:14 pm

I know this does not address your problem but can I suggest that you can avoid having to reacquire by importing your HD footage in the Apple ProRes HQ codec. This is amazingly economical regarding storage requirements and I'm told, loses nothing with regard to quality. I've been doing this for two years now and even with a large project hardly make a dent in my storage capacity, whereas previously, using the Media 100 HD codec I was always fearful of running out of storage.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Joe Hayden
Re: Batch Reacquire? Low quality original timecode?
on Sep 19, 2012 at 5:40:57 pm

Thanks Michael -- I do use the ProRes codec and for most projects I just bring in the footage as ProRes right away.

A few projects have a lot of footage where little is used and that is where I'd like to use the "old workflow", so to speak.

L.O.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]