MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Request for M100 tutorials

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Warren
Request for M100 tutorials
on Aug 8, 2012 at 7:18:07 pm

I have been asking for Media 100 tutorials for a while and I am not sure why Boris FX continues to ignore adding on-going training for Media 100 to the Media 100 website. We can't even get Boris RED training using the Media 100 interface, but we can get RED and BCC training on a regular basis featuring the other NLEs you support. I understand that you make more money supporting the other NLEs, but can't we get *something*?

And even though M100 is your product, it lags behind other NLEs as far as the capability your own products provide. Why does M100 have to be the last major NLE to get the new filters available in BCC 8?

Guys, your actions (or lack thereof) really shake confidence in the product, and quite frankly, it's very frustrating. With Adobe's Creative Cloud now offering up to 26 Adobe product installations for just $50 a month(!), and the $299 Final Cut Pro X gaining wider acceptance and support, Boris really needs to step it up with M100 (particularly in regards to marketing buzz and user support).

One topic that I would like to see in a tutorial is a further explanation of the Composite Clips feature. What all can be accomplished with this capability? I have a feeling that there are a lot of less well-known tricks that we can benefit from when using Composite Clips.

Another tutorial would be centered around the ability to edit very quickly in M100. Take a project and show all of the short-cuts, etc. that speed up the work flow. You guys use to say that the M100 interface was "blazing fast". Show us.

Return to posts index

Marcus Warren
Re: Request for M100 tutorials
on Aug 8, 2012 at 8:25:03 pm

EventStream tutorials would be neat, as well. I assume that the technology is still relevant in 2012.

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
on Aug 10, 2012 at 3:22:07 am

[Marcus Warren] "I have been asking for Media 100 tutorials for a while and I am not sure why Boris FX continues to ignore adding on-going training for Media 100 to the Media 100 website. We can't even get Boris RED training using the Media 100 interface, but we can get RED and BCC training on a regular basis featuring the other NLEs you support. I understand that you make more money supporting the other NLEs, but can't we get *something*?

And even though M100 is your product, it lags behind other NLEs as far as the capability your own products provide. Why does M100 have to be the last major NLE to get the new filters available in BCC 8?

Guys, your actions (or lack thereof) really shake confidence in the product, and quite frankly, it's very frustrating. With Adobe's Creative Cloud now offering up to 26 Adobe product installations for just $50 a month(!), and the $299 Final Cut Pro X gaining wider acceptance and support, Boris really needs to step it up with M100 (particularly in regards to marketing buzz and user support).

One topic that I would like to see in a tutorial is a further explanation of the Composite Clips feature. What all can be accomplished with this capability? I have a feeling that there are a lot of less well-known tricks that we can benefit from when using Composite Clips.

Another tutorial would be centered around the ability to edit very quickly in M100. Take a project and show all of the short-cuts, etc. that speed up the work flow. You guys use to say that the M100 interface was "blazing fast". Show us."

I agree with you 1000%. I just got FCPX 3 days ago as a trial. I purchased it last night and everything you need is right in front of you even tweaking the effects. Got Final Cut Studio and never bothered using it, stick with media100 but since final cut x is new, why not give it a try. Boris support other NLE so we must do the same thing.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Aug 15, 2012 at 6:41:07 pm

I frequently use composition clips. Sometimes I use them like a audio-bus clip to apply FX across all the video clips. I use them in the timeline and for titles too.

FYI if you edit a clip, you'll be sent to RED from the timeline or bin and you can apply whatever FX you like, just as you would with a composition clip.

Jaeson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]