MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

3rd Party Products for Boris RED

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Warren3rd Party Products for Boris RED
by on Jun 30, 2012 at 5:56:47 pm

Please join me in asking third party vendors to support Boris RED in their product offerings, particularly templates. See the Digital Juice product lines Ready2Go and Toxic Type product lines for examples. Of course there are many other template vendors, most of them catering to the After Effects and Motion users (Rampart Design Tools, Footage Firm, Motion Array, F5 Design, BlueFX, revostock, Motion VFX, etc.)

Contact a few and make your request. Let this list know who you contacted so that we can gang up on them.

Return to posts index

Ben StrasserRe: 3rd Party Products for Boris RED
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 3:16:34 am

Hi Marcus:

Perhaps I don't fully understand your question. I have been using Digital Juice stuff (have a gang of it) with my Boris Red for a couple years. I simply import video to Boris Red with no problem?? I that what you were talking about?

Ben Strasser

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: 3rd Party Products for Boris RED
by on Jul 19, 2012 at 11:26:51 pm

I think that we are talking about two different things.

I am speaking specifically of "Templates", pre-made animations that allow you to drop in video and/or text. You may be referencing products like Jump Backs, the Editor's Toolkit line, Editor's Themekits, etc.

Generally, templates are specific to an application. Perhaps 90% (or more) of the commercially available templates are made for After Effects, with Apple's Motion taking the #2 spot, as far as I can tell.

Review the videos of these product lines to see what I am talking about:
ready2go: http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/product_lines.asp?plid=306

ToxicType: http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/product_lines.asp?plid=327

Also check out the After Effects templates from Rampant Design Tools for more examples: rampantdesigntools.com

Return to posts index

Ben StrasserRe: 3rd Party Products for Boris RED
by on Jul 20, 2012 at 1:41:05 am

Hi Marcus: Yeah, i see what you mean. I was talking about Jump Back and such rather the kind of templates that you are concerned about. Good luck.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBen.

Return to posts index

Jaeson KoszarskyRe: 3rd Party Products for Boris RED
by on Aug 14, 2012 at 6:52:00 pm

I'd be happier to see BorisFX giving Media100/RED more support. There's some nice BCC plugins like Beat Reactor, Flicker Fixer, etc. that are available from Boris for other NLEs but not their own.

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: 3rd Party Products for Boris RED
by on Aug 15, 2012 at 7:47:25 am

I hear you. See the thread "Request for M100 tutorials."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]