MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 Upgrade

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenMedia 100 Upgrade
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 7:09:27 pm

Can we expect a Media 100 upgrade before the end of the year?

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 Upgrade
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 9:31:52 pm

Why, what do you want?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: Media 100 Upgrade
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 10:27:07 pm

Since you asked:
- For Media 100 to be a 64 bit application.
- The integration of Boris Soundbite into Media 100 Suite.
- To play more file formats natively (i.e. not require the purchase of a third party program like ClipWrap).
- For Boris RED to have the new filters available in BCC 8.
- To be able to use animated black and white mattes directly in the Media 100 timeline (Like those available from FreedomFX. If there is a way to do that now ((without having to go out to RED)), clue me in).
- Faster rendering.
- Background rendering.
- Getting rid of the A/B style edit that only allow you to use certain effects on the V and V1 tracks. Presumbably you can recreate those effects on other tracks through RED, but I think that getting rid of the A/B workflow is loooong overdue.
- More tutorials on a consistent basis.
- A GUI that works better on a single monitor/screen. I get tired of moving things around.
- A way to customize the M100 GUI (choice of colors, save layouts).
- Additional built-in audio editing and processing capabilities, like those available in Apple Soundtrack and Adobe Soundbooth/Audition.
- A totally updated manual, including screen shots from the current version of the software and updated information (for instance, why does the manual continue to mention Pixlan Software as plug-in for M100, when Piexlan has not supported M100 (or the Mac)for years?)
- Much better marketing and much better support and information directly available from the Media 100 web site.
- For M100 to work with and be supported by a wider range of 3rd party hardware including solutions from MOTU. I read on this forum that some people are having problems with Matrox MX02 and Media 100. Get 'er fixed!
- etc.

Return to posts index

Chris MorrisonRe: Media 100 Upgrade
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 11:11:19 pm

I'm totally with you Marcus!!!

Return to posts index

Jason TowerRe: Media 100 Upgrade
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 11:19:39 pm

Same here, great points Marcus! I am one of the lucky ones to have a useless MXO2 with my Media 100 :-(

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

http://www.fiddlerfilms.com

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 Upgrade
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 10:46:47 am

Sorry I asked!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 Upgrade
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 12:00:15 pm

[Jason Tower] "Same here, great points Marcus! I am one of the lucky ones to have a useless MXO2 with my Media 100 :-(
"

Not sure if this really helps, but maybe you should get in touch with Media 100 Techsupport. As far as I know there has been some work on the Matrox side…

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2012 at 12:19:41 pm

I've been in touch with Matrox support for a couple of months now. In the last email I received from them on May 25th, they said that they've been in direct contact with Boris Yamnitsky and are trying to work the issue out. Unfortunately, as of today, there still hasn't been a fix released by Matrox :-(

Luckily, I held on to my trusty old Kona LHe board and it's been working like a charm with the system! I just really miss the hardware up conversion and h.264 Max encoding on the Matrox. Going forward, I think we'll end up having to invest in an LHi board (or Thunderbolt box if M100 will support it) and dump the Matrox box. AJA just seems to have their act together so much better than Matrox.

Anyone in the market for a Matrox MXO2 LE with Max?! LOL

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 Upgrade
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 12:27:47 pm

[Jason Tower] "I've been in touch with Matrox support for a couple of months now. In the last email I received from them on May 25th, they said that they've been in direct contact with Boris Yamnitsky and are trying to work the issue out. Unfortunately, as of today, there still hasn't been a fix released by Matrox :-(
"

Again, not sure if this is of any help, but I heard that there has been done some work on Media 100s side to better support the Matrox 2.5 drivers. If this is what you are (or tried to) using, then you should get in touch with Media 100 tech support; I guess they could give you a beta version to test if this fixes your issues…

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2012 at 12:35:43 pm

I'll definitely get in touch with Media 100 tech support and talk to them about the beta fix.

Thanks Floh!

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2012 at 5:58:04 pm

That should be "Pixelan" regarding the plug-in that I misspelled in the original post.

Return to posts index

olof ekberghRe: Media 100 Upgrade
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 1:32:49 pm

Tabbed bins and programs would be a great improvement.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2012 at 2:52:49 pm

I was going to mention some sort of tabbed approached for the GUI in my original list. I think that is a good idea.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2012 at 8:43:48 pm

Well it looks like Media 100 version 2.1.1 has been released with support for the most recent AJA drivers and the long-awaited fix for the Matrox MXO2 issue! Below is the email I just received from Matrox support along with the link below to get the update:

>>>>>
Hi Jason,

Good news! We just received news from Boris that the issue is solved in their latest Media 100 update (2.1.1). Please update your Media 100 version to this version and let us know if you have any issues.

Regards,

Download Link: http://www.borisfx.com/updates/
>>>>>

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

Return to posts index

Chris MorrisonRe: Media 100 Upgrade
by on Jun 29, 2012 at 10:04:51 pm

Just installed v2.1.1 and it seems to have corrected the problems with my Matrox MXO2. Thank you Boris!!!

Return to posts index

by on Jun 30, 2012 at 4:49:53 pm

That's good news! Check that off of my list. Just a few more items to go. Come on Boris, you can do it!

Return to posts index

Gerry CondezRe: Media 100 Upgrade
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 5:38:35 pm

Good that I saw this post. I also have a Matrox thunderbolt thats been sitting for a while waiting for this news. But going back, I have the same wishes as Marcus mentioned. I dont need all but something like the FCPX can do but better. Thanks in advance Boris!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]