MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Legacy Media100 systems: where to find updaters?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea DezzaniLegacy Media100 systems: where to find updaters?
by on Jun 8, 2012 at 10:47:33 pm

Hello to you all,
this is my first post on the Creative Cow forums.
Here's the story: I've just purchased a second-hand complete Media100 system with P6000/DV board and v6.0 sofware included together with its junction box and manuals. This one is plugged in a stock PowerMac 9600.
I am about to purchase a second system originally equipped with v7.5 and already upgraded to 8.2 and I would to install this in a faster MDD (with a Dual G4@1.42 GHz from a FW800 machine).
I would like to restore the two systems to their latest version under OS9 only (I am not interested in migrate these boards to OSX) and for this purpose I would need the v6.0.3 and the v7.5.1 updaters that seems impossible to find on the net.
Boris itself explained me that they purchased from Media100 the rights for supporting v8 only and beyond so the legacy updaters have to be obtained elsewhere...
Can someone of you, Media100 veterans, kindly help me in this treasure hunt?

Many thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Gerry CondezRe: Legacy Media100 systems: where to find updaters?
by on Jun 13, 2012 at 6:49:25 pm

I have the version 6.0 and 7.0 email me your address. If you want to go back to 2.6.1 I have them too. lol

Return to posts index

Andrea DezzaniRe: Legacy Media100 systems: where to find updaters?
by on Jun 13, 2012 at 8:42:29 pm

Many many thanks Gerry :-) Luckily I do not have a Media 100 so vintage, but who say? I have a spare Quadra 840AV so a NuBus version could made its way in my collection too :-D
What I would like is a full featured v7.5.1 Media100XR with SDI, Lossless and HDRfx enabled but is very hard to find and when it happen the shipping overseas is not offered :-( Let's wait for better auctions...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved