MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Importing stills

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Morel
Importing stills
on Jun 8, 2012 at 7:57:12 pm

Hi,

I'm probably missing something simple here but I can't seem to be able to import stills larger than my project settings. If I import a still larger than 1920 X 1080, only the middle section is visible in the timeline or motion editor. Both top and bottom are cropped out. I'm trying to do a movement on a still kind of shot.

Thanks,

Marc

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: Importing stills
on Jun 9, 2012 at 12:12:04 am

Assuming you're using Media 100 Suite, what you want to do is: under the Edit menu select Insert New Clip. In the submenu select Composition or Title which opens up Boris Red. Then import (add) your still and do your animation.

HTH

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Marc Morel
on Jun 9, 2012 at 2:14:43 am

Thanks Gary. Yes, M100 Suite v. 2.1.

I understand the Boris workflow you suggest but is there no way to just import large still image files straight into a bin via the Media 100 file import function and then resize them or create movements in motion editor? I have to create 6 different clips, in two languages, using a large number of images and I was just curious if there was a simpler way than going to Boris for everyone of them.

Thanks again,

Marc

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
on Jun 9, 2012 at 3:10:44 am

[Marc Morel] "I understand the Boris workflow you suggest but is there no way to just import large still image files straight into a bin via the Media 100 file import function and then resize them or create movements in motion editor?"

Unfortunately, not that I'm aware of. Once you set the Media Standard in the preferences that's the frame size your imported media either "fits" to or "crops" to. Obviously, if your stills are not 16:9 then they will distort if you fit them. If they are 16:9 they won't distort, but using the Motion Editor to pan and zoom will require that you enlarge them... and you'll lose their resolution. One at a time in Boris, or some other motion graphics application such as After Effects, is your only option. Hopefully you'll find that once you get the workflow down it will go smoothly and quickly. Red does a good job and staying within Media 100 is a plus.

Good luck.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Marc Morel
on Jun 9, 2012 at 11:28:21 am

Thanks again. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing one tick box in the numerous import dialog combinations.

Marc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]