MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Can you (file) import without audio?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Cann
Can you (file) import without audio?
on Apr 26, 2012 at 2:04:08 pm

Is it possible to (file) import video only? Tired of track mapping to turn audio off on multiple clips.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Also - I miss the older versions when you could track map with one click on the edit suite (surface) rather than (today) having navigate into the edit suite to do so. Media 100 has always trumped the other NLEs with its simplicity and function with as little clicks as possible. - Just a friendly note.

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
Re: Can you (file) import without audio?
on Apr 26, 2012 at 4:09:57 pm

I am guessing that the track map is only when acquiring video but not importing. I dont think I have seen another button to disable audio upon import.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Apr 26, 2012 at 5:32:04 pm

On a similar subject, is it possible to set a preference for audio imports come in as centre pan?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on May 4, 2012 at 11:14:04 am

I guess you cannot import without audio. But you can select the clips you want in your bin, and then press Command-ALT-U to unsync/remove the audio before editing the clips into the timeline…

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on May 6, 2012 at 10:22:50 am

Thanks Floh yes, unsyncing is easy enough but it's the panning of each track that takes time. I usually work with centre panning for everything except for music and audio tracks come in via Sony Transfer with left and right panning. I was hoping that there may be a possibility of setting a preference, either within Transfer or Media 100.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Frank Cann
on May 8, 2012 at 8:06:51 pm

Thanks Flo - This helps - I was un-syncing on the time line and then deleting the audio - your method sounds a lot faster.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on May 18, 2012 at 6:08:24 pm

Floh, does the CMD U (Unsync/remove) actually delete (trash) the audio files from the media folder or just remove the link to the audio files which will remain? I would prefer the trash, or at least that option as a space saver. Thanks.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on May 18, 2012 at 6:24:37 pm

It only unsyncs and leaves the files on the drives.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]