MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Camera setup

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry CondezCamera setup
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 11:34:23 am

Anyone here shoot a lot of footage from HD-slr? Any advice with common rig setup, cages or shoulder mounted rigs?

Return to posts index

Sam RedRe: Camera setup
by on Feb 20, 2013 at 7:45:50 pm

I have and it just depends on what you are doing, I been using ikan for a while now and i like em a lot. The reality is that you will chose the right rig for you depending on a few factors including:

• Accesories you are using
  • Lenght of shoot
  • Mobility
and overall look of your project...

A Glidecam, can work very effectively but it had a rather long learning curve and need to be balanced each time you pretty much set your camera and with each different lens configuration...

In there other hand a shoulder rig, positions the camera like traditional broadcast camera. It allows you to carry multiple accessories on your shoulder(follow focus,Sound recorder, monitor, light etc.)Shoulder rigs usually are good for semi-long periods of time when you need to be on the move.(I usually run with the ikan Ofly ( a the Zacutto Z-finder and the ikan follow focus.

Hand held Here is one i like from ikan too is more for shorter runs when you want to pack light and still have stabilization and flexibility. You can still attach a follow focus a matte box and maybe a light and a small monitor like an ikan VL5...

Anyway i hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved