MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

New Media 100 user - advice

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley Whiteman
New Media 100 user - advice
on Mar 9, 2012 at 1:06:39 am

Hello all,

I am shortly to begin installing a Media 100 suite on my Apple G4 Dual 1.25 PPC running 10.4.11.

Hardware-wise I have 2 PCI boards a breakout box and breakout cable.

Software wise I have Borix FX6.1.1 Graffiti 2.1.1 and Media 100 discs from 7 to 8.

I have already found the 8.2.3 legacy download, I am assuming this will work for me?

If you have any other advice I would be grateful to hear it!

Many thanks

Ashley

http://www.soundcloud.com/push-records

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: New Media 100 user - advice
on Mar 9, 2012 at 6:27:13 pm

This probably will work if you have the encryption code/serial number for V8.2.3a that matches your PCI board. The software license is tied to the board serial, so you need the code that matches your hardware.

And I am not sure what the latest supported version of MacOSX was for 8.2.3a.

Return to posts index

Ashley Whiteman
on Mar 9, 2012 at 7:48:51 pm

Hi,

thanks for the reply! I will try with 8.2.3 and if that doesn't work I will use the disks I have! At least I know there might be an unseen problem!

Both PCI boards are P6000 W/DV with one being an OLO revision, I am again assuming I need to install both?
The two cables I have are one to a breakout box and the other to RGB BNC connectors with phono audio, are these intended to be used together one in each card?

Many thanks

Ashley

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
on Mar 9, 2012 at 8:28:05 pm

As you describe i think you have 2 sets of media 100. One is the qx version with the bnc and another with the junction box you can only install one unles the other is an E600 card for sdi connections. . Like Floh said you need the license key to make them work. Also you need QT 7.5 the latest for os10.4.11

Return to posts index

Ashley Whiteman
on Mar 9, 2012 at 9:16:26 pm

Hi Gerry,

Thanks! The breakout box is beige and about 30cm x 10 cm . It has XLR audio in and out, Svideo in/out and the bnc/phono in/out. I would think the OLO revision would be the correct card for this?

And the other lead for the other card.

Seems like the original purchaser upgraded. hence the two cards.

Currently Quicktime 7.6.4 running.

I have serials for the LE DV / XE DV and Graffiti

Thanks again for the replies!

Ashley

Return to posts index

Gerry Condez
on Mar 10, 2012 at 2:51:59 am

You should use the breakout box with the firewire instead. You can not run the QT 7.6.x with the 8.2.3b which is the last version for osx. You wont be able to see the clips in the bin But regardless of the quicktime for now, as long as you have the right serial key, youll be able to launch media100. Also your mac g4 is just right for that set up. Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]