MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Arabic Support in Media 100 on Lion

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohannad Mahmoud
Arabic Support in Media 100 on Lion
on Feb 9, 2012 at 9:34:31 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am having an issue in writing Arabic in Media 100 on Lion. I used to have the old media 100 on a G3, which also did not support writing Arabic, but at that time there was a third party software called Kalimat which was not only used for writing Arabic in Boris but also for many other softwares that did not support Arabic at the time. I used to type Arabic into Kalimat then copy/paste into Boris and it worked well. Unfortunately Kalimat is discontinued since new macs and new softwares are supporting Arabic.

Am sure there must be a solution somewhere as Arabic falls under semitic languages and common to Hebrew and several other languages.

Hope to find a solution soon

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Arabic Support in Media 100 on Lion
on Feb 10, 2012 at 4:12:35 pm

Can you type Arabic in e.g. TextEdit or any other app (Pages, MS Word,…)? I guess there should be many apps these days that support Arabic typing, and from there you should be able to copy/paste the text to Red for titles.

Return to posts index

Mohannad Mahmoud
on Feb 10, 2012 at 4:18:13 pm

Many Thanks for the Floh,

Yes I've tried that as well, Arabic is normal on a text editor but when I paste it into Boris, the direction changes from right to left into left to right and gest jumbled again

I might be close to a solution, if I did hopefully will post it

cheers

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Feb 10, 2012 at 4:47:36 pm

Since this is more a problem of Boris Red than Media 100, you probably would want to get in touch with Boris support, or post a question in the Boris forum.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Feb 10, 2012 at 9:55:25 pm

If you have an application that handles Arabic text correctly, maybe you can get by with image files until better support is added directly. Does PhotoShop handle Arabic correctly? If so, export a PSD with an alpha channel. Or screen capture the text from an text editor app, then process through PS.

Digital Juice has some fancy fonts that we use sometimes. But you can't use them directly in Media100. I have to use their Juicer app to type it up and then save out an image file to import in RED.

Jaeson

Return to posts index

Mohannad Mahmoud
on Feb 19, 2012 at 2:14:39 pm

Hello,

The arabic support into media 100 has been resolved. There is an upgraded version of the third part software "Kalimat" that is supported on OS Lion. One can type in Arabic in this software and then copy paste into Media 100

best

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]