MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Exporting Still Frames, Wrong Aspect Ratio.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Slowe
Exporting Still Frames, Wrong Aspect Ratio.
on Feb 7, 2012 at 5:41:30 pm

Since I've been on version Suite 2.0.1 I've experienced an odd thing when exporting still frames from a timeline. With a 16:9 aspect ratio timeline I'm getting stills with a 4:3 aspect whereas previously they were correct at 16:9. I've done nothing different, just selected 'frame' in the export window, chosen my file type (usually BMP) and exported. Can anyone please advise?

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
Re: Exporting Still Frames, Wrong Aspect Ratio.
on Feb 9, 2012 at 8:32:39 pm

I experience problems with aspect ratios in Suite2.1 & RED5 when importing stills. Sometimes they import ok but when I apply & render, the aspect ratio changes. While sifting through settings, I somehow found if I turn deflickering on/off then re-apply & re-render, the aspect ratio problem corrects itself. It's annoying but not life-threatening.

Jaeson

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 9, 2012 at 10:19:23 pm

Jaeson, have you had to export stills from a programme because that's when I get the aspect problem? Could you do one and see if you get a 16:9 frame from a 16:9 programme because mine are only coming out 4:3. Anyone else having this? Never had it with older versions.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Feb 10, 2012 at 3:40:56 pm

I have not tried exporting 16:9 stills from Media100Suite2.1 yet.

I just tried exporting a 1280x720 still from inside a RED5 project and that was ok.

Jaeson

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Feb 10, 2012 at 4:10:14 pm

I guess the problem is that there were some changes in the QuickTime export path, partly caused by Apple and partly caused by Media 100. What you probably should do is to scale your exported 16:9 SD stills to 1024*768 for PAL resolution. You can do that in nearly every image editing tool, including Apples system-included preview.app (under Tools->Size Correction)

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 10, 2012 at 6:24:17 pm

Thanks Floh for answering my query. I have the still on my MacBook, which is not my editing MacPro. I did as you suggest, went to Tools and there is Size Adjust rather than Size Correction that you mention. In the Resolution box I put in the 1024 x 768 that you suggest but got a large pixilated picture which obviously means I did something wrong! There are two other boxes which are ticked, Scale Proportionally and Resample Image, should they remain ticked? Also I did not enter any numbers in the height and width boxes. I tried 1920 x 1080 in the Fit Into window but that didn't work either. Any further help would be appreciated.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Feb 13, 2012 at 9:58:38 am

Hey Michael,

you should uncheck "Scale proportionally".

Floh

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:01:17 pm

Thanks Floh, problem sorted. Since you mentioned the OS please could you just advise what the best current combination is between Media 100 and the OS. I'm on Suite 2.1 and OS 10.6.7.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]