MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 crashes while exporting

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul SharpeMedia 100 crashes while exporting
by on Jan 25, 2012 at 7:05:43 pm

Hi, I am running version 2.0.1 on a Mac Pro 4.1 with 2.26 Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor.

I am editing my first HD project on Media 100 although I have been a user of M100 since the mid nineties.

Whenever I go to export, Media 100 crashes. Doesn't seem to matter what settings I use to export.

In my most recent test, I could export two clips with one dissolve, but when there was a title added above one of the clips, it crashed.

Sorry if I've missed any previous threads on this.

any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Paul in Seattle

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media 100 crashes while exporting
by on Jan 26, 2012 at 1:51:27 pm

Hmmm, does the app crash when you open the export window, or when it actually tries to start the export? Do you export by reference, self-contained or as Quicktime? Have you tried a "Force Render All" before exporting?

Return to posts index

Paul SharpeRe: Media 100 crashes while exporting
by on Jan 26, 2012 at 3:58:57 pm

Good questions and thanks for your interest. I am beginning to see it's a render issue. If I can export a title by itself and a clip by itself but not the two of them together. My titles aren't complicated. Font and a couple shadows. No movement.

It doesn't seem to matter if I try to export by reference or self contained or quick time. It is the rendering process that makes it crash.

I'm using apple prores422 for compression.

Could it be a setting in the titles preferences?

thanks again

Paul

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2012 at 6:13:50 pm

What happens if you do a "force render all" before you open the export window? Does the system crash then also?

Do you have selected a codec & location for rendering clips?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 26, 2012 at 8:10:51 pm

Yes, it crashes during rendering, usually when it gets to titles although it happens sometimes also on clips with time effects. I use a lot of 50% and 20% speed.

My render codec is apple prores 422.

I've talked it over with tech support. They won't return my calls anymore.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 27, 2012 at 12:27:34 pm

Can you post some details about your system? Like OS version, driver version (Aja or whatever hardware you are using), QuickTime version, what kind of drives you use, board placement in case you use a video board. Plus, could you have a look into your Library->QuickTime folder to see if there are any Codecs installed that you donĀ“t recognize or that are unusual?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 29, 2012 at 9:41:33 pm

10.6.8 on the OS.
One of the tech support guys saw this thread and has come up with some suggestions. I'm going to send him a copy of my system profile and would be happy to send you one if you send me your email.

p.sharpe@comcast.net
If not, I'll let you know what happens and I thank you again for caring.

Paul

Return to posts index

Pete ScottRe: Media 100 crashes while exporting
by on Mar 16, 2012 at 8:17:12 pm

Did you get this resolved by chance? My M100 system crashes ever time I export as well. Any pointers?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]