MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Batch Reacquire Issues with Timecode

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kris McMullinBatch Reacquire Issues with Timecode
by on Jan 17, 2012 at 5:02:41 pm

We had a producer that stored their Media 100 Suite project on an external Seagate hard drive. The drive failed, and we are trying to batch reacquire the HD footage utilizing our Media 100 Suite Backup for the project. When I load in the first reel and select Acquire, it immediately chimes and shows the "timecode" error in the Batch Reacquire window. All preferences are set correctly, and I've tested acquiring through the Edit Suite- no problems there. The tape is rewound to the beginning, but I continuously get the dreaded chiming noise with the "timecode" error still. I don't want to have to bring in all of the reels for this particular project again manually, as I'm assuming that it would not be able to reconnect with the clips that way. Again, all my settings look correct- but I can't figure out why it is giving me the timecode error.

Return to posts index

Kris McMullinRe: Batch Reacquire Issues with Timecode
by on Jan 19, 2012 at 3:55:56 pm

I decided to move on to another reel to try and make some progress on my Batch Reacquire. Now I find that, when I put in my tape and select the clip I need to reacquire, my deck cues up to find the clip but then loses sync. I have checked my deck settings, and they are still the same that I've used to acquire- I have no issues acquiring footage directly into the edit suite. I just can't figure out why it won't reacquire the footage without losing sync.

Return to posts index

Joe HaydenRe: Batch Reacquire Issues with Timecode
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 7:31:32 pm

When it happens to me I stop it and start again within the batch reacquire box; the loss of sync message doesn't come up the second time.

L.O.A.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 20, 2012 at 7:34:45 pm

Thanks Joe. I'll give it a shot. I'm still worried that I might be missing something in my pref's, but I'll try it out. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Gregg MichaelsRe: Batch Reacquire Issues with Timecode
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 8:29:31 pm

You might want to double check your video input settings, and make sure they match your timeline.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 20, 2012 at 11:04:48 pm

Thanks Gregg. It looks like everything matches up. Do you guys know what the red TIMECODE message means when it chimes upon first starting to try to acquire through the batch window? Thanks

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Batch Reacquire Issues with Timecode
by on Jan 23, 2012 at 12:56:09 pm

There are various reasons that could be responsible for this Timecode message:

- If your tape is completely rewound, it could be that the system looks for a timecode smaller than the tape start TC (e.g. if you have timecode jumps/discontinuous timecode on the tape).

- You could have the wrong tape in the deck (so that the system cannot find the timecode it is looking for)

- If you have acquired the clips manually, it could be the case that your start TC is too small. If you e.g. have set your system with 5 secs of preroll, and the TC it is looking for is 00:00:04:00, it would look for a negative TC for preroll, and give an error message

- Maybe your preroll is too large

- If you captured across timecode breaks initially, the app could search for TCs that simply don´t exist on the tape (especially if the tape is recorded in "Free Run" mode, e.g. with time of day TC)

- your system settings don´t match your original settings (timecode is not the same as it was on the initial acquire). You could drag the clip you want to acquire to a bin, and acquire a "fresh" clip and compare the details in the Bin List view to see if everything matches.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 27, 2012 at 12:11:43 am

As always, thanks Floh for the great support. We changed the pre-roll in Device Control and it picked up at the correct time. We're hoping to continue reacquiring thanks to your suggestions!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]