MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

I need a friend! From another long time M100 user.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom WolfeI need a friend! From another long time M100 user.
by on Dec 15, 2011 at 9:43:19 pm

I posted something earlier but did not get a response. I am a long time M100 user. How long? From the beginning... Beta 1.0 and have never left. Here is my problem. I am back on my own, after working as a freelance editor, for the same guy for over 10 years. When I left, I was running Suite on a newer system. I inherited the older Media 100i/XS from the old studio, so that I could venture out on some non-HD projects. During the move, it seems that all of the original installation software for the older systems was tossed, somewhat by mistake. The Media 100i system is working fine on it's own with one exception... somewhere after upgrading the OSX software, to install the last update for M100i, M100 lost the link between Boris FX 8.0 and Graffiti 4.0. So, when I try to launch for a comp clip or a title, I get a message saying that the software can't be authenticated and to install the original CD disc. ARGH!!! I don't have them. The keyframers for each application opens just fine, but the communication between M100 and those two Boris applications are lost. So, I desperately need to locate someone that still has original Boris FX 8.0 and Graffiti 4.0 discs and is willing to part with them. If possible, I would also love to get my hands on a Media 100i/XS version 8.0 or 8.1... I'm not sure what the last version was at that time. Can anyone help me or suggest what I can do?

Return to posts index

Chris TompkinsRe: I need a friend! From another long time M100 user.
by on Dec 15, 2011 at 11:26:36 pm

Man, I have so many Boris disc, I can help.
404.two9two.556two

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Tom WolfeRe: I need a friend! From another long time M100 user.
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 3:33:50 am

Chris, you would be my hero, if you could make this happen for me. I have projects on the table and sure could use the FX and titling. Can I call you sometime that is convenient?

Tom Wolfe
Editor
Dagwood Digital

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: I need a friend! From another long time M100 user.
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 10:44:40 am

You also can try to get in touch with Boris support. Usually the guys there are pretty helpful.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 16, 2011 at 4:08:55 pm

Thanks, Floh, I did have a conversation with someone at Boris yesterday and I'm waiting to hear back from them. However, their initial suggestion was to find original copies of the versions that I need, from the private sector. Technically, they don't offer selling older software and I can understand that.

Tom Wolfe
Editor
Dagwood Digital

Return to posts index

by on Dec 16, 2011 at 4:18:42 pm

Tom,

On a shoot today, call after 5p EST if you can.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

by on Dec 19, 2011 at 5:48:10 am

Hey, Chris, sorry I missed your message. Is there a good time to call you tomorrow, Monday? I am on Mountain time, here.

Tom Wolfe
Editor
Dagwood Digital

Return to posts index

by on Dec 19, 2011 at 11:04:37 am

Mon.
After 1:30p
EST

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

by on Dec 22, 2011 at 5:26:28 am

Here's an update to my problem. Chris Tompkins was kind enough to send me a couple of disks that might help. Boris/Media100 was also very kind in sending me iso files for both Graffiti 4.0 and FX 8.0. I downloaded both, made install disks, deleted all the old Boris files, installed both from the new disks with the same error from Media100 when I try to launch a comp clip or a title: Unable to verify authorization to use. Please install Boris FX from it's original distribution CD-ROM. Does anyone have any ideas? I have sent a message to a friend on the Media100 side of Boris. Has anyone ever seen this message before?

Tom Wolfe
Editor
Dagwood Digital

Return to posts index

by on Dec 22, 2011 at 8:08:39 am

Never mind... I'm good now. I had a great conversation with my Mac guru that I haven't been able to get a hold of for weeks. He walked me through some stuff that fixed everything. I hadn't trashed everything I needed to, before the re-installation. I missed a couple of files in folders I never thought to look in. Merry Christmas to me! Thanks for all of your help, everyone!

Tom Wolfe
Editor
Dagwood Digital

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]