MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XDCAM Transfer frustration

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FrazierXDCAM Transfer frustration
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 4:14:21 pm

Slightly off-topic for this forum, but I've gotten help on this before (hat tip to Floh):

Shooting on XDCam discs and using PDW-U1 disc drive to transfer clips to my HD using XDCAM Transfer software v. 2.12.0. When I originally set this up, I could view clip thumbnails in Transfer's "View-Images" option. Upgraded OS, had issues, backed down to OS 10.6.2 to make all software happy. Unfortunately, Transfer only has gray boxes in the "Images" view option instead of actually showing me the thumbnail. If I click on a box - or select a clip in the "List" view option, I can still see the clip in the edit window and select subclips for import, but that's much less efficient than actually seeing multiple thumbnails at a time.

I've trashed preferences, reinstalled Transfer, made verbal and physical threats, all to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Mark

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: XDCAM Transfer frustration
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 6:38:13 pm

You could try the new version, XDCam Transfer 2.13. And you also could check your Cache Location & Cache size. Maybe you need to Clear the cache or to remove the actual Cache folder; maybe it got corrupted. If you do a "check for installed components" from the Help menu, I guess everything shows up as green?

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: XDCAM Transfer frustration
by on Nov 18, 2011 at 3:02:00 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Floh. I updated to 2.13, changed cache size and location & reimported proxies, made sure QT Pro was working; still get the gray boxes. The gremlins in my Mac don't seem to like me anymore...

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: XDCAM Transfer frustration fixed
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:21:13 pm

Well, this one stumped the kids at Sony as well. After trashing the prefs in FCP (they seemed to think that might help - not sure it did anything) I bumped up my OS to 10.6.3. That seems to have brought the Transfer software back to life, and I've noticed no other software issues - yet.

Thanks again for all you do for us out here, Floh.
Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]