MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Import Sony M2Ts Files??

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich JohnsonImport Sony M2Ts Files??
by on Nov 16, 2011 at 6:28:50 pm

Does anyone know of a way to simplify the import these M2ts files without lengthy 3rd party app conversions? We recently obtained these files types to add in a production. I know the production company I use imports them easily in FCP by log>transfr direct from the drive or camera itself but I have only the files. Is it even possible? I tried Streamclip and it is taking for ever.

OnePlace Media
OS10.6.8/10.7.2 Suite 2.1 LHe

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Import Sony M2Ts Files??
by on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:02:29 pm

Sony M2t files are most likely AVCHD clips. These clips cannot be edited by FCP (7) or Media 100 natively; you have to convert them. FCP does convert them via the Log and Transfer tool. If you select ProRes (or any other Media100-supported codec) there, you can use the FCP-generated files in Media 100 (via a fast import). Or you can use MPEGStreamClip or similar apps to convert them.

Return to posts index

Larry EveyRe: Import Sony M2Ts Files??
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 1:50:53 pm

We use CLIPWRAP for all HDV M2t files. It is the fastest and very best solution we have found, thanks to Matt Caravella at M100.

You can convert the M2t files to several different codecs. We use AppleProRes and send the converted files right to our projects media folder. With M100 set to the same codec, on import it's just a quick meta tag change, then separate audio tracks are created and the import is done - very fast.

Larry Evey
West Coast MEDiA, Inc.
MEDIA100 Since 1993

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved