MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

What is the best way to retrieve Media 100 V8.1 files today?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian KennelWhat is the best way to retrieve Media 100 V8.1 files today?
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 5:54:38 pm

Hi all,

I was just given a 1TB Hard Drive with a bunch of legacy Media 100 programs and media on it and they asked if I could retrieve the media. It looks like it is all V8.1 material. I had a Media 100 many years ago (v 8.1 I believe) but I donated it to a School. If anyone can let me know the best way to tackle this is I would be grateful.

Here's what I have tried:
- I am on the Mac platform and can use FCP (not X), Premiere or AE (CS4, 5, or 5.5).

- I am currently running Lion on the most recent i7 MBP. I also have another MBP (Intel Core Duo) that has a fresh install of Snow Leopard (10.6 which hasn't been updated to 10.6.8 yet)

- I downloaded the most recent Intel Codecs from the Media 100 site but many of the media 100 clips will not play and I get a notice that says codecs are missing.

- I was going to download and try the 14 day trial of the Suite 2 available on the website to see if that would work but I have my doubts.

- I have Media 100 projects and clips I would like to try and open but if I could get the media 100 codec clips to play I would be happy.

Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome. Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: What is the best way to retrieve Media 100 V8.1 files today?
by on Nov 15, 2011 at 11:44:54 am

If you get the Trial version, it should open the V8.1 timeline with its clips just fine. The one thing that makes me suspicious, though, is the fact that you cannot view all of the QuickTime files after installing the Codecs. The clips should play back in QuickTime player correctly, as long as your system is either below 10.6.8 or at 10.7.2 (there is an issue with QuickTime codecs in 10.6.8, 10.7.0 and 10.7.1).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved