MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

The dreaded "Could not Play because the CPU was unable to process the video quickly enough" error.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremy RowellThe dreaded "Could not Play because the CPU was unable to process the video quickly enough" error.
by on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:21:41 pm

I've had this issue for awhile, but as I'm doing more HD production now I would REALLY like to get it fixed.

I can only play DVCPROHD clips on my timeline. any other codec gives me the error. If I add any effect to the DVCPROHD clip it gives me the error. CPU usage is less than 10%. The Drives are SCSI RAID via an ATTO card. Using the AJA test it has a 220MB/s write and 315MB/s read speed. Also get the Error if I use the internal raid sata array.

Any help would be appreciated.

M100 2.1 Dual 3.2QC 8GBram OSX 10.7.2 QT 10.1

Return to posts index

Jaeson KoszarskyRe: The dreaded "Could not Play because the CPU was unable to process the video quickly enough" error.
by on Nov 4, 2011 at 3:40:47 pm

Are the drives mirrored?

Do you have any active apps in the background, like an anti-virus program or automatic updates running?

I like to start the day with a fresh system reboot.

Jaeson

Return to posts index

jeremy RowellRe: The dreaded "Could not Play because the CPU was unable to process the video quickly enough" error.
by on Nov 4, 2011 at 4:09:03 pm

Problem occurs after a fresh power on. No other apps running. No anti-virus program installed. Raid level 0. Video clips play perfect in QT.
Thanks for the help,

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jaeson KoszarskyRe: The dreaded "Could not Play because the CPU was unable to process the video quickly enough" error.
by on Nov 4, 2011 at 5:08:50 pm

Checked drives with disk utility or disk warrior? Scanned for infections? Try free versions of iAntiVirus or Sophos.

Dumped Media100 preference files?

Updated AJA drivers? Have you tried Media100 with video output set to none?

Jaeson

Return to posts index

jeremy RowellRe: The dreaded "Could not Play because the CPU was unable to process the video quickly enough" error.
by on Nov 4, 2011 at 6:51:44 pm

Aja are drivers are current. Media 100 prefs have dumped.
Drives checked out good by disk warrior.

Now setting the Video output of media 100 to none changes the game. It plays out perfect (even with AE rendering in the background) So that's something...

Return to posts index

by on Nov 4, 2011 at 7:17:52 pm

If you launch the AJA Control Panel and look under info, what version drivers does it say are installed?

Jaeson

Return to posts index

by on Nov 4, 2011 at 8:15:44 pm

I don't see a spot in the info that directly says "drivers are". If I go to "about AJA control panel" it shows version 9.0.5.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 4, 2011 at 8:25:54 pm

v9.0.6 is the latest version.

http://www.aja.com/support/index.php

In the AJA control panel info window, scroll down to the bottom of the list. Does it indicate any conflicting QuickTime components?

Jaeson

Return to posts index

by on Nov 4, 2011 at 8:46:54 pm

I have the LHe, 9.0.5 is the latest driver for that mode I believel. I'm not sure what the driver difference between the LHe and the LHi are.

There are no QT component conflicts shown at the bottom of the info box.

Thanks again for helping!

Return to posts index

by on Nov 4, 2011 at 11:22:52 pm

Working with AJA support, they suggested I move the AJA card to slot 2 and I moved the M100 card to slot 4. This seems to have done the trick. I have played an HD ProRes clip at 50% opacity above an HD Animation clip without error. Fingers crossed, I think it's solved!

Thanks for your help!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]