MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Random glitches when rendering in Media100 Suite 2.1 & RED 5

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson Koszarsky
Random glitches when rendering in Media100 Suite 2.1 & RED 5
on Nov 2, 2011 at 7:28:46 pm

This occurs frequently enough to be mildly annoying. I get random blocks of garbage when rendering titles, transitions, colour fx, etc. Here are three examples from one project today.

I'm using the prores codec. These examples all manifested from a single text layer that applied the website in the lower 3rd, not other fx in this layer.

The problem will usually go away if I unrender the selected clip and then rerender it. Sometimes I will need to do this more than once because the glitch pops up elsewhere. For the project that provided the examples above, I had to rerender twice before getting glitch free output.

Jaeson

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Random glitches when rendering in Media100 Suite 2.1 & RED 5
on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:11:11 am

Wow, interesting. What format do you use (HD/SD, framerate)? I guess this is just a static title?

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:48:03 pm

720x486i SD 29.97.

When I first saw the glitches, I thought it was something with the source tape/deck (HDV), maybe dirty heads. But the raw clips are clean. The footage is shot in 1080i. For the SD projects, we set the deck to do the downconversion. Media100 acquires it in SD with the prores codec.

The garbage chunks that appear are random. The examples posted were from a single title layer with a static text object in the lower 3rd. It happens with more complicated overlays too. Sometimes it will happen with a simple dissolve effect between the A/B tracks.

Re-rendering will clear things up. The garbage may appear in the re-rending, but not in the same location. For this particular project, I had to re-render the title layer twice to get a clean version.

We have two identical systems and I've seen it happen on both. Still using OSX10.6.7 because we still have a bunch of older projects that need revisited for updates.

Jaeson

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Nov 8, 2011 at 4:24:55 pm

Here are a couple more examples of the render glitch from today.

There are a couple layers in the Media100 timeline but the glitch only occurred in the uppermost one which is a static text layer containing the hours info & the fade to black. All other elements are on lower layers.

Jaeson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]