MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Version 8.1.1 export to CS5.5

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
soren andersen
Version 8.1.1 export to CS5.5
on Oct 27, 2011 at 7:42:45 am

Hi!
I've come across a full function media100 project running on a G4.
How do I get a QT-fil that works in Premiere CS5.5 (mac)???
I've tried Export from edit suite: QT dv-PAL, QT dvcpro50 or AVI dvcpro50. Even AVI animation!
Does cs5.5 need some special M100 codec? And were do I get that? And were do I put it?

Thank you for any help!
Soren

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Version 8.1.1 export to CS5.5
on Oct 27, 2011 at 9:00:43 am

If you export a QuickTime in DV PAL (or any other "normal" QuickTime format), CS5.5 should be able to read it. When using the QuickTime export, Media 100 does write regular QuickTime files.

Or you could do a "Self Contained" export, which does export a file in the native Media 100 i codec that pre-V10 systems used exclusively.

The codec (Mac only) can be downloaded in the Media100.com support area and needs to be installed on the system where you want to open this exported self-contained QuickTime.

Return to posts index

soren andersen
on Oct 27, 2011 at 9:57:42 am

Thanks for at quick reply!
I have found the download section at media100 (can't register, due to an errror).
I think I've done the right thing, exporting the QuickTime files though:
"save exported fil as:" I check "other": "Quick Time Movie" Options: DV-PAL, best. 25 frames per sec.
The files are "greyed out" in the import menu in CS5.5
I have imported the files in Final Cut Pro. They play in the viewer, but needs render in the timeline (even in at "matched" timeline).
I tried AVI dv-pal with same result.
After Effects can play AVI... but that is not my favorite app for editing.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Oct 27, 2011 at 10:10:16 am

I only now realized that you want to go into Premiere and not AE CS 5.5 with the clips. Not sure which formats are natively supported by Premiere. But I would guess you can export a "Animation" codec clip from Media 100 that should be readable by Premiere. Try exporting a short segment in Media 100 as QuickTime->Animation codec with highest quality settings. V8.1.1 is several years old, and I am not sure which codecs were supported back then. Not sure why Premiere does not read DV files, though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]