MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 HD V2.0.1 Export Import Color shift problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Groves
Media 100 HD V2.0.1 Export Import Color shift problem
on Oct 11, 2011 at 11:20:48 pm

Hi there,

Is anyone having problems with Media 100 and a color shift problem? I am working on one of my first HD projects. When I export a 5 second clip "by reference" so that I can import it into After Effects to do some compositing, there is a heavy "too dark" "too contrasty" appearance to the file.

WIth Media 100 in SD, I could export a by reference file, make some tweak in After Effects, and then reimport into Media 100 and have the clip look exactly the same except for what I added.

As a test, I exported a clip from Media 100 by reference, then reimported it without doing anything to it and the large shift in brightness and contrast still occurred. Any suggestions?

Brian Groves
Newberg, OR

Return to posts index

Brian Groves
Re: Media 100 HD V2.0.1 Export Import Color shift problem
on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:24:30 am

Solved my own problem. When you import a movie rendered by After Effects (or even simply exported from Media 100) there is an option at import time to interpret the color space as "computer" 0 - 255 or video which is a narrower range. The movie needs to be imported with the "computer" setting and then the color looks fine.

Brian Groves

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Media 100 HD V2.0.1 Export Import Color shift problem
on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:48:16 pm

Floh told me this months ago when I was having problems with colour space with DVD's and BD's. Even now however I'm finding that my BD's (made with Toast 11 Pro) are rather 'lighter' than my DSVD's (made with BitVice) but not so much that I can't live with it.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]