MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Panasonic AG-HpX370 Footage has stutter in movement

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob KarsnerPanasonic AG-HpX370 Footage has stutter in movement
by on Oct 8, 2011 at 9:37:59 pm

I just purchased the Panasonic AG-HPX370 and shot in the DVCPro HD 1080i 59.94i format. When bringing the mxf P2 files into Media 100 Suite 2.1 I am getting a stuttering in footage with movement... pans, following people walking and such.

I have spoken with Media 100 and they are investigating the problem.

It almost looks like a field dominance issue or perhaps a pull down problem.

I have shot for 3 days in a large project and I'm concerned about the footage now.

Has anyone had experience with this camera and shooting in the DVC pro hd 1080i 59.94 frame rate?

I get the same results when playing the footage in QT, Adobe Premier Pro CS5 and FCP.

Thanks
Bob

Bob Karsner
Destiny Productions - Kentucky

Return to posts index

Mitch MerbackRe: Panasonic AG-HpX370 Footage has stutter in movement
by on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:50:36 pm

I've been shooting DVCPROHD 1080i with an HPX500 and HPX370 for a couple years now, and have no problem with M100 Suite 2.0.2 playing back the material.

If you are having trouble playing back in QT, Premier and FCP as well, maybe you've got an old codec or something. Do you have another computer with QT you could try it on? Or perhaps a fresh install of the DVCPRO codecs will help?

Good luck!

Mitch Merback
Merlin Productions

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Panasonic AG-HpX370 Footage has stutter in movement
by on Oct 11, 2011 at 5:06:37 pm

Can you post some footage somewhere? It could be related to shutter angle or something like that. We had stutter problems in pans with our first "progressive" DV footage some years ago, since the camera recorded progressive material with the shutter of interlaced recording

Return to posts index

Bob KarsnerRe: Panasonic AG-HpX370 Footage has stutter in movement
by on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:34:31 am

I uploaded a clip to Media100. I have been working with Jon in technical support. The clip was large but I can give you the ftp site I used to upload and I will give you the link. Send me an email and I will give you the link to download.

I think I will check on the current download of the DVC Pro HD codec. However, this is on a brand new MacPro and I just installed the New Media100 suite 2.01. I can't imagine that being an old codec.

I check the shutter and it is off. No shutter issue.

I just played the footage for the first time on a monitor from the Media 100 via 1080p via the HD Component output. The footage on this monitor shows no sign of my problem. I only show up on my computer screen.

Thanks for the input.
Bob

Bob Karsner
Destiny Productions - Kentucky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]