MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XML export problems

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lori McPheeXML export problems
by on Sep 28, 2011 at 4:43:59 pm

I have been away from M100 for a few years and have just spent 2 weeks putting together a project that is split up into 3 programs, the longest being 65 minutes. I am also new to Final Cut Pro 7 and have tried to export XML from M100 to FC and it's just not working correctly. Once I open the file in FC, many of the clips are wrong - meaning that it is not showing the portion of the clips that I cut to, it is showing the unwanted portions of clips, and it's duplicating some clips. It also flashes a frame of the next clip during a dissolve. There is nothing more than cuts and dissolves. I have tried opening new projects in FC, making short test pieces to export and it always comes out wrong. I almost want to start all over and assemble in FC, but I cannot finesse the way I can in M100, so it's a bit frustrating. I need to combine the 3 programs, do color correcting on some clips and then go to DVD. I have even tried exporting XML to Premier Pro (which I have barely used) several times and the error always reads "the importer reported a generic error". I've spent 6+ hours trying to figure this out and I give up. What am I missing? Thank you......

M100 1.7.1 FCP 7.03 PPro CS5 Mac OSX 10.6.8
FC project & M100 project are on separate internal drives, media is on 1 internal drive

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved