MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media100 and RED MISBEHAVING AGAIN!! in suite 2x?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Johnson
Media100 and RED MISBEHAVING AGAIN!! in suite 2x?
on Sep 28, 2011 at 3:59:38 am

It's back!! I have had this mysterious intermittent LOCKUPS since Suite 1.0(now 2.1) and as much as I love Media 100 this small quark is gonna really break me.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS MAKE A STATIC SLATE for my commercials to send out stations. And this is the strangest bug I've ever encountered since there is NO WAY of figuring it out because the process of elimination does apply here(at least within Media100-RED). It simply does it when it wants. I press that apply button like I was resetting the countdown clock on LOST. I've always used uninstall-install when updating. I've trashed prefs... you name it. (in case wondering I tried those awkward text templates within Media and bypassed the suite edit and it's the same result.)

I finally have time to try a few things outside the program like FONTS, or seeing if I can get RED off since I do all effects in AE for just simply Graffetti -or is red all mixed in as part of it?

Does anyone have any ideas or similar issues? Was it ever resolved in 08' or do I need to hit up the FCP forum to ask him? : I(

If not -- I'll treat this mac like my old PC and wipe/re-install.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Media100 and RED MISBEHAVING AGAIN!! in suite 2x?
on Sep 28, 2011 at 5:47:05 pm

Rich, I too have had some lock ups recently when I'm in Red 5 whilst doing a title on a Media 100 timeline. It happens at odd times and I can't recall exactly what I'm doing at the time. I just force quit Red and then Media 100 and start again. Doesn't happen much but it does happen. There must be others who get this surely?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Rich Johnson
on Sep 28, 2011 at 7:55:21 pm

OIF ANYONE ELSE HAS HAD OR IS HAVING THIS ISSUE PLEASE CHIME IN. Thanks

My first thought is maybe something as simple as a FONT issue. I put in a request to Media100 on this. Do you know of a way to by-pass RED with within Media100 somehow to use Graffiti or something to by-pass this? It may be MEDIA100 and not Boris Red that's the issue. But you really can't even check that since you can't use APPLY. You can't even save the file text trying to avoid APPLY since you need to ultimately press APPLY to return to media and doing a slate in 1 app, saving, opening back up in another is silly.

Media100 should really revise this akward exchange between the two programs anyway. Heck it's the same company you thing they could just build in a simple title app that doesnt need to open another app.

Just my 2 cents. If there is such a thing and I'm missing it someone please let me know.

Sorry for my frustrations...

Return to posts index

Gregg Michaels
on Sep 29, 2011 at 3:15:49 pm

I'm running M100 Suite 2.1, and I also have had an occasional lock up when exiting Red. I noticed that when I'm in a hurry, I tend to click in the M100 timeline before Red has completely handed control back to M100. When I do that, I tend to experience the lock up, but not every time. With this as a theory, when I'm finished in Red, I hit apply, then I make sure that I wait until M100 is back full before I begin to resume work in the timeline. I have not had the lock up since I started waiting. I don't know if this helps anyone, but it might be worth a try.

GM

Return to posts index

Rich Johnson
on Oct 1, 2011 at 5:17:53 am

I tried EVERYTHING. I can't wait because my dialog box never leaves the screen- it blinks 2 times then locks up. I'm able to use the dock to Media 1con jump around and save as much as possible but need to ultimately Force Quit.

In any case, I talked with Boris Techs about this. They have had a few issues. I'm going back to RED 4.3 in Suite 2.1 and see if the same happens.

I'll post any findings.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Nov 23, 2011 at 3:02:30 pm

One additional suggestion regarding the "Apply" problem: I always use the "Apply" button in Red that is located in the timeline window (in the lower right corner), not the one under the Composite viewer window (the one that only looks like a checkmark icon). In theory they should not behave differently, but maybe they do. So maybe give it a try and exit Red with the "Apply" button at the lower right corner of the Timeline window.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Oct 12, 2011 at 5:17:21 pm

I experience intermittent lock-ups EVERY DAY when exiting RED5 back to Media100 Suite2.1. I just force quit Media100 for the third time today. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Other bugs that have been bugging me lately are related to how RED5 mishandles my pre-comps from old projects. Masks don't stick as they did in RED4. Drop shadows are a problem too with pre-comps. There's also a weird aspect ratio glitch with graphic files in old projects.

I like the speed of the new MacPros but there are too many days when I'd go back to using the more stable G5 Media100 & RED4 set-up if I could.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Oct 12, 2011 at 5:26:49 pm

Forgot to mention the random garbage glitches that regularly appear in renders. If I un-render the selected clip and re-render, the problem goes away. It's usually a small block(s) of garbage isolated to one area of the image. I think it happens more often with the application of a filter to a clip in the timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]