MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

10.6.8 and the long road back

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
noah wight10.6.8 and the long road back
by on Sep 26, 2011 at 11:02:20 pm

So incase anyone's underestimating the monstrous hassle associated with trying to use older footage with 10.6.8, it for real. Complete wipe and clean install of everything to get rid of the offending item. So that said I'm pretty much all back together but still a couple issues. Most significantly when i try to edit graphics in boris it takes a solid 5+ minutes to open. It's just the first time. After changes are applied opening any other graphics is normal. I thought it was some how looking for Boris so i reinstalled everything but hit the same issue. Any idea why this big lag?

Suite 2.1 Black Magic Designs Studio 2

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: 10.6.8 and the long road back
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 1:04:05 pm

Wow, 5 minutes is MUCH too long. It takes a moment to launch Boris for the first time, but it should not take that long. Have you tried deleting your Boris prefs? And try reinstalling Suite 2.1, since Red comes with Suite; maybe you have installed a wrong version of Red?

Return to posts index

noah wightRe: 10.6.8 and the long road back
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 2:04:25 pm

I reinstalled but didn't delete preferences. That's probably the key. i'll try that this morning. Thanks Floh. As always, appreciate the help. N

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved