MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Different Sample rates

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave SimpsonDifferent Sample rates
by on Sep 13, 2011 at 9:44:18 pm

Old Media 100 user getting use to version 2.0.1 here. I started a new SD project, created a new program and then tried to drop a audio clip on the timeline. It's an MP3 with a sample rate of 48,000 hz.
I get the error that you cannot place audio clips with a different sample rate on the same program, however there isn't anything else on the timeline and the program seems to set for 48000 hz.

I tried exporting the audio from the edit suite and converting it to a QuickTime movie also set for 48000 sample rate then bringing that back in, however I get the same problem. I guess I need some help with how start a project or timeline with the right audio and video settings.

Thanks for any help

Dave Simpson

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Different Sample rates
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 9:33:11 am

I guess the message is not related to sample rates, but to frame rates. Problem is that each audio file also has a frame rate (so it can display timecode in the edit suite, and that you can set mark ins and outs). Since you cannot mix different audio frame rates in a timeline, you probably get this message.

Make sure that when you import the mp3 files, that your system is set to the right standard. You also can force the system to import into a standard in the File Import dialog, when selecting the "Import into selected format and codec" button at the bottom.

Return to posts index

Dave SimpsonRe: Different Sample rates
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 2:31:19 pm

Hi Floh,

"Import into selected format and codec" did the trick. Since I have been away from Media 100 since Version 8, with the vincent card on a G 4, I am amazed at the amount of choices one has for standards and Codecs etc. I have a bit of a learning curve ahead of me but usually I can make things work. Are there any tutorials out there that deal with the basic set ups and choosing what standards and codecs one should work in? I suppose it depends on what the final product is but I feel I could use a bit of a refresher on the options.

Thanks Again for your help.

Dave Simpson

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Different Sample rates
by on Sep 14, 2011 at 2:35:30 pm

With the addition of the 2k/3k/4k formats the range of choices has increased dramatically. But usually you can decide based on what format you shot in and what you need to deliver.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]