MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Audio bug issue?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kris McMullinAudio bug issue?
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 8:15:59 pm

Odd. We had a producer triming clips in the Edit Suite with audio. When they brought the clips into the timeline, there was only the Video track, no A1 and A2. Track Mapping looks fine, V,A1+A2 green. We tried clicking source in Edit Suite and retriming/dropping into timeline, still only the video track. Tried restarting M100, same results. Strange.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Audio bug issue?
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 10:51:45 pm

Does the clip have any sound when you play it from the edit clip panel? Maybe the audio got L-trimmed down to nothing?

Return to posts index

Kris McMullinRe: Audio bug issue?
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 11:57:26 pm

It actually did, that's the strange thing. We'd play it out of the edit suite and it was fine. When we dragged it from the suite to the timeline, it only showed the video line (as if the Track Mapping was utilized to take off the audio channels) The producer mentioned that she happened to click the Revert button in the edit suite accidentally, but I don't see what impact that would've had on the clip. We even tried bringing the original clip into the timeline from the bin, and it still only displayed the video track. Somehow we managed to get around it by renaming the clip in the bin, but it was really strange. Thanks for the feedback! This forum has helped us tremendously throughout the years!

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Audio bug issue?
by on Sep 3, 2011 at 9:51:48 am

Kris, silly question I know but did you have the audio tracks available on your timeline? I know that sometimes I'm transferring one programme to a newly opened one and if I don't have the required number of audio tracks available it won't go. I've never experienced your problem in any of the many Media 100 versions over the years, very odd indeed, can Floh Peters offer any suggestions as to what happened?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

by on Sep 15, 2011 at 8:20:56 pm

This is certainly a tough issue to diagnose. I have a clip in my bin; when I play the clip in the Edit Suite, it plays fine with audio. When I move the clip from the edit suite to the timeline, the clip only shows a video line. I have plenty of tracks for clip available in the timeline, but only get a video line. When I check the track mapping, all three V,A1,A2 are lit up green. We tried something interesting today; we took off the video track in Track Mapping, and it suddenly showed us the A1 and A2 tracks in the timeline. So, theoretically, we could strip off the video and bring the audio 1 & 2 into the timeline and then strip off the A1 and A2 through Track Mapping and bring in just the video. This is obviously not an effective method. We just wanted to see if it would work.

So essentially, there is abundant space in the timeline, as well as track support, but the clip does not go into the timeline with full tracks. We also noticed that the clip (video only) did not work right when placed into the timeline; when we tried to abut the video track against one to the left of it, it would only allow us to move it so close. There are obviously no audio tracks for this video clip, so I don't understand why it would not let us abut the clip against the clip next to it. BTW- we've tried to restart the program multiple times with the same results. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Audio bug issue?
by on Sep 15, 2011 at 9:09:45 pm

Kris, is it possible that somewhere further along your timeline there are some tracks laid which might be getting in the way and preventing you bringing in new material? I've sometimes had this happen when I've overlooked media laid further on. Just a thought. Has no expert Media 100 person offered any possibilities to you?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

by on Sep 15, 2011 at 9:12:11 pm

I take it that it's happening on a lot of clips. How did you create them (import from QuickTime, acquire, HDV, XDCAM, etc.)? Did any of them ever behave normally? Do you have any clips from the same source that work ok?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 16, 2011 at 12:01:35 am

Thanks Mike and Dave. Were talking about a clip in the bin that, when double-clicked and activated in the Edit Suite plays through with full video and audio (Track Mapping is fine). When that clip is dragged down into the timeline (either from the Edit Suite or the Bin itself), it only shows a video line (which is shown with the red, can't place in timeline indicator. There is plenty of room on both sides of the timeline for the clip to fit, so we can't determine what would cause it to show us 1)without its audio tracks and 2)implacable into the timeline at that point- where there's plenty of space. We know it's not an issue of anything in the way- as we've scaled out wide to see if there is anything small in the timeline. To answer Dave's question: the footage was brought in through a Sony HDV deck in 1080p and looks really great. There are no problems in the Edit Suite, as I mentioned, only when you try and bring it into the timeline. Dave, I will try and examine this even further and report back with any additional info!! Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

by on Sep 16, 2011 at 2:18:21 am

Wait, just one clip? Why not just acquire it again?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 16, 2011 at 10:43:46 pm

Unfortunately the footage was not held on to, but fortunately we're only dealing with this one source slip and hopefully won't run into the issue again as the project goes along. All of the other clips look fine when brought down into the timeline. Is it possible that this one clip may have become corrupted? It's hard to tell sometimes whether I'm dealing with a corrupt clip or a temporary glitch in the program that requires a shut-down. Course, in this case the clip still malfunctioned even after shut-down and restart. I think we should be able to get through, and wanted to express my deepest thanks for everyone's help. You guys are always there to help us, and we truly appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]