MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

breakout box

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert DePalmabreakout box
by on Sep 1, 2011 at 9:55:57 pm

I have 2 M100 breakout boxes that were used for a system I haven't turned on in many years. Can anyone tell me if they can be used for anything besides a doorstop at this point? Trying to clean out the useless stuff, but seems like such a shame.
Thanks for taking the time to red the post...

Return to posts index

Mark GoodwillieRe: breakout box
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 3:16:52 pm

I just inherited an old 844/x system in a G5. I need to get it up and running. The software works fine. I've researched extensively for a diagram/manual online but no success. Can you help me. I need to attach the I/O system (large gray metal box). Source tapes are Betacam SP. Thanks, Mark

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: breakout box
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 10:54:36 pm

Um, either you have an 844/x or a G5, but not both. 844/x was Windows-only, and it has a forum here. G5 is a PowerPC Macintosh.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 6, 2011 at 4:26:31 pm

OK, I didn't realize 844/X was the PC version. I have a MAC G5, so what is my Media 100 called? More importantly, where can I find out how to hookup the I/O box?
Thanks,
Mark

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: breakout box
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 8:21:09 pm

Do you have the boards in the system (if you have a big grey, very massive box you most likely have the Media 100 HDx hardware breakout box)? You need to have the HDx hardware in the system to actually connect the breakout box.

For connecting analog sources, as far as I remember the HDx hardware only had analog ins on the daughter board via a multi-cable connection. Or it may even have no analog ins at all, only outputs. Not 100% sure, but if you want I can have a look tomorrow, since we still have a HDx hardware lying around somewhere, I think.

So if there´s only SDI ins and outs, you won´t have much look hooking up a BetaSP without a converter to SDI.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 6, 2011 at 9:19:29 pm

Yes, that's what I have. The cards are installed. There are two component (R-Y,B-Y,Y: BNC connectors) cables for the video. How do I tell which is in/out?. It's the XLR audio I'm unclear about relative to hooking it up. Incidentally, Tyler, from Media 100 is helping me with a potential new Media 100 system. Small world!
Thanks for your help,
Mark

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: breakout box
by on Sep 7, 2011 at 8:59:59 am

The XLR audio is digital only. You need a Analog->Digital Converter for the audio, for example this one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]