Media 100 Suite v2.1 is now available

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave McCarthyMedia 100 Suite v2.1 is now available
by on Aug 30, 2011 at 8:41:46 pm

v2.1 is now on the downloads page

v2.1 is a free update from v2.0.x

What’s new in Version 2.1?

MAC OS X: Media 100 Suite now supports Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion.” See the note below about codec compatibility.

Audio Clips: The associated video frame rate of audio-only clips is now displayed in the Edit Clip panel and bin list views.

Conform: Clips in programs created with the “Conform Program” command with “Resize with Motion Editor” now retain their original frame size information.

Import XML: A bug where alpha information was lost during import has been corrected.

Make Preview Frame command: The keyboard shortcut for the “Make Preview Frame” command is now command+control+T. The old shortcut is now assigned to Show/Hide Toolbar.

Media Folders: Mac OS X 10.7 restricts users from creating folders at the top level of the boot drive without authentication as an administrator. Media 100 Suite now presents an authentication dialog before creating the top level folder.

Project Window: A bug where a new program created with the “New Program…” command would appear in the project window with an incorrect title until it was saved has been corrected.

REDCODE Metadata: New controls have been added to the Metadata window: Luma/R/G/B curve editor and Lift/Gamma/Gain.

Rendering: Rendering performance has been improved.

Toolbars: Mac OS X 10.7 does not support the toolbar button which was at the right of the title bar for windows that have a toolbar. The View menu now has “Show Toolbar” and “Hide Toolbar” commands to replace the buttons, keyboard shortcut command+option+T.

Window State: Mac OS X 10.7 automatically restores windows that had been open the last time an application was stopped. This is separate from the Media 100 Suite general preference settings “Remember Window Positions” and “Remember Last Project Opened.”

A Note About Mac OSX 10.6.8
Apple released the Mac OSX 10.6.8 update in June 2011. A bug in this update disables playback with the Media 100 i Codec in NTSC 601 format. We are working with Apple to find a solution but the eventual outcome is unknown. We recommend that you not install the 10.6.8 update if you have existing i Codec media.

A Note About Mac OSX 10.7 “Lion”
Apple released Mac OS X 10.7 “Lion” in July 2011. A bug in this release disables playback with the Media 100 i Codec in NTSC 601 format. We are working with Apple to find a solution but the eventual outcome is unknown. We recommend that you not install Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.7.1 if you have existing i Codec media. If you decide to use Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.7.1, it is up to you to confirm compatibility for your other applications and hardware.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]