MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Importing FCP XML file into M100 2.0.2

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay RysckiImporting FCP XML file into M100 2.0.2
by on Aug 24, 2011 at 7:23:39 pm

There seems to be a disconnect on the import of FCP XML files. The file begins to import on command, the log initiates and notes the activity, then when the file is displayed on the timeline as clips, the popup window asks: "are you sure you want to cancel your media import" Clicking no just refreshes the message. No media import occurs. There is no way to relink the media because M100 won't respect the codec from FCP. This makes the feature absolutely useless.

Is there a way to fool M100 into seeing the original files from FCP. I hate all the waste when the two systems don't play nice....

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Importing FCP XML file into M100 2.0.2
by on Aug 25, 2011 at 9:17:56 am

HI Jay,

the XML import usually transfers over the video and audio material from FCP. Not sure why this is not working for you. I would guess that there is some sort of bug, or something that is not working in your timeline.
I would suggest doing a quick test with a simple FCP timeline, just a couple of clips, to see if there is something wrong with your system in general. If this works, you probably should send the XML to Media100 support with an explanation of what the issue is. If they know about problems, they are usually very good about fixing them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved