MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Update on Lion-compatible version of Media 100?

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Tower
Update on Lion-compatible version of Media 100?
on Aug 17, 2011 at 4:58:52 pm

Any updates on the status of the Lion-compatible version of Media 100?

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

http://www.fiddlerfilms.com

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthy
Re: Update on Lion-compatible version of Media 100?
on Aug 17, 2011 at 5:06:26 pm

There are three issues here.

One is that there are changes needed in Media 100 Suite in order to run under Lion. We are beta testing those changes now. If you need it now for whatever reason, contact us and we'll get you set up.

The next is that Lion has broken the Media 100i codec in NTSC. Today's 10.7.1 update didn't fix that, unfortunately. If you don't have any legacy media in that codec, this doesn't affect you.

The last issue is that your other hardware and software have to be Lion compatible as well. This partially relates to #1 as we have to make sure the hardware drivers for AJA, BlackMagic and Matrox still work for us, but also you have to make sure the rest of your workflow is ready. Obviously this one is up to you.

Return to posts index

Jason Tower
on Aug 17, 2011 at 5:35:33 pm

Thanks so much for the quick and thorough update Dave! I figured that Lion was throwing a few curveballs at the engineers, was just curious as to where things stood.

While I use the ProRes codec for all of my current projects, Apple's breaking the Media 100 codec in the recent software updates would definitely cause a headache if I needed to open any legacy projects. Good thing my main system is still at 10.6.7. Hopefully Mr. Jobs hasn't decided that the world no longer needs to use MJPEG-B codecs! LOL

Thanks again!

Jason W. Tower
Fiddler Films

http://www.fiddlerfilms.com

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthy
on Oct 13, 2011 at 5:38:04 pm

See my other post. 10.7.2 fixes the codec issue.

Media 100 Suite 2.1 is the only release compatible with Lion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]