MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media 100 needs more love on Facebook methinks, ^_^.

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew MehtaMedia 100 needs more love on Facebook methinks, ^_^.
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 5:20:43 am

I know we all hang out at the CreativeCow forums...but come on, really...I'm sure more than seven people like Media100. =).

Show some love:

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Media 100 needs more love on Facebook methinks, ^_^.
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 9:13:11 am

I love Media 100 but am too busy editing to play with Facebook, I leave that to my grandchildren. The posts on one of the FCP forums were pretty depressing concerning attitudes to Media 100, can't understand what they are complaining about. Boris needs to do some serious PR work.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Fermin BrangerRe: "...Boris needs to do some serious PR work"
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 3:16:18 pm

That, my friends, is very important.

We feel fortunate because Boris and everyone at M100 are listening us in all matters about the development of this wonderful product, but I can't understand why there is no feedback when we talk about the communication issues of M100.

I know that BorisFX have very powerful tools for a lot of people out there, but, both products belong to two different markets that haven't merged in a solid solution for a lot of people (including me and my people), that were working with AE or Color for years. I think if M100 were marketed in a different way, as a powerful editing solution for digital cinematography and TV and beyond, without force us to work trough BorisFX, many things could be different; maybe if we could work, hand by hand, with a BorisFX that could work with third party plugins, the story could be different.

The matter is that there are so many people out there that want to do their films and prime time shows for continental distribution, that associate BorisFX to a different league. It's hard and it's a contradiction, but BorisFX have saved M100, and now, when the perfect time for this well prepared and legendary tool have arrived, it is slowly drowning M100 under the shadow of BorisFX, or at least by their deficient marketing strategies.

Fermin Branger
Caracas, Venezuela.

Return to posts index

Andrew MehtaRe: Media 100 needs more love on Facebook methinks, ^_^.
by on Aug 17, 2011 at 4:51:00 pm

Yeah, sorry Michael. I'm not video editing as much these days which is how I have time for it [ it's actually an unhealthy addiction, ;-) ].

Been using the Boris Red engine to make illustrations for a print document, of all things, lol. [Cineon full gives me the high res dpi I need, ^_^].

Would love to see Media100 gain ground in the wake of FCPX probs, but don't mind if likewise, Media100 leaves PR to the grandchildren and just continues to make a solid product.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved