MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Bad Video Frame Error

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert TuckerBad Video Frame Error
by on Aug 10, 2011 at 12:01:46 pm

I started having bad video frame errors after updating to 10.6.8. After switching back to 10.6.6, then 1.6.7, AJA 9.0.3, 2.0.2, and installing QT 7.6.6, (with QT 10 under Snow Leopard) I am still getting bad video frame errors.

Does anyone have any ideas to correct this, my projects are really getting backed up.

Mac Pro, 2 X 3 GHz Quad-Core
24 GB Memory

Thanks,
Robert Tucker

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Bad Video Frame Error
by on Aug 10, 2011 at 12:12:33 pm

Do you use clips in the Media 100 i codec? They are not supported right now under 10.6.8, due to a problem Apple caused with the MJPEG-B codec, which is the base for the Media 100 i codec.

How did you revert to 10.6.7? Fresh installation of the OS? I am not sure if the installation with "archive" and reuse of the old settings gets rid of the problem…
Or have you tried to acquire or render clips into the Media 100 i codec under 10.6.8? Then you probably have some "bad" video files somewhere on the drive. You could create a new project and open up some older files to see if they work.

Return to posts index

Robert TuckerRe: Bad Video Frame Error
by on Aug 10, 2011 at 12:16:53 pm

Fresh install of the OS and tried older files with same result.

Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Bad Video Frame Error
by on Aug 10, 2011 at 12:18:37 pm

Hmmm, which codec? Are your media drives full or too slow?

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: Bad Video Frame Error
by on Aug 11, 2011 at 8:39:57 pm

I had the same problem when I upgraded OS recently. Had to do the OS reinstall like you, but then there was a needed component missing (unfortunately, I don't recall if it was a Quicktime or MPEG component.....) I had to reload Final Cut Pro, since that's where the missing component was.

Maybe this can point you in the right direction. If I recall what was missing, I'll post it.

Good luck.
Mark

Return to posts index

Robert TuckerRe: Bad Video Frame Error
by on Aug 12, 2011 at 11:08:47 am

Mark, thanks for the suggestion. I will uninstall and reinstall FCP and see what happens.
Floh, I will go back and see if any of those bad frame files were acquired under 10.6.8. I have plenty of HD space & RAID Falcon III with 6TB.
Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]