MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Boris generated text quality

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukkee ChongBoris generated text quality
by on Aug 8, 2011 at 3:38:12 pm

Hi, Anyone with ideas how to solve this? The black text is generated in Boris Efx via Media 100 suite version 1.6. Working in SD. Here it just looks fuzzy but in quick time, preview, Compressor, it looks "aliased", text edge degenerated, pixelliated. The backdrop is generated in AE from Photoshop files and these are good.

Return to posts index

Eric PelletierRe: Boris generated text quality
by on Aug 8, 2011 at 4:00:13 pm

I've been dealing with this for a long time now, even in earlier v.8.

One thing you can try, is to place (position value) this text at a «rounded value» (no decimals) on the odd or even field (depending, probably, on your format PAL or NTSC). I think, if I remember, NTSC would require and odd value on the vertical (y) (ex. Position y : 399.00). You can also be aware of codec compression. Is your title fine when you look at it unrendered? Try uncompressed to see if it doesn't help.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Boris generated text quality
by on Aug 9, 2011 at 3:38:34 pm

Difficult to see in this image due to the compression. Could you post a timeline file somewhere showing the problem?

Return to posts index

Jaeson KoszarskyRe: Boris generated text quality
by on Aug 11, 2011 at 12:34:48 pm

Check to see if de-flickering is turned on in the Boris project settings. I've noticed what Eric mentioned about positioning txt with whole numbers only too.

Your Media100 codecs and compression levels will affect the rendered image.

When you export your QuickTime movie, the codec & compression used for the MOV will affect it further. If you enlarge the MOV beyond the actual size during playback, the image quality will be diminished.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved