MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Green Clips inside Bin

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry CondezGreen Clips inside Bin
by on Aug 8, 2011 at 3:35:48 pm

Hi Guys,
We did a job yesterday with a JVC GY-HM750. Importing the quicktime files showed all blank green files in the BIN. The files are all .MOV files and just wondering what do I need to make those file editable by Media100 Suite V 1.6. Thanks in advance.
Gerry

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Green Clips inside Bin
by on Aug 9, 2011 at 3:39:57 pm

Hmmm, the clips import but only show up green? Sounds like a missing codec issue. Can you post one of the source clips somewhere for me to have a look?

Return to posts index

Gerry CondezRe: Green Clips inside Bin
by on Aug 9, 2011 at 6:08:08 pm

Hi Floh,
I thought no one could help. Thanks. Here are some of the related screen shots with the file.

Above are the clips after importing to Media 100.

Above are the original files.

Above is the information about one of the clips.

This one just showed up when I tried playing the clip with Quicktime.
and here is the link where is lead me to:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/resources/components.html?os=OSX&ctype=696d6...

At his point, I am not sure what is missing or needed to be installed as a component with quicktime.
I might be close to resolving this. Thanks again and please help again.
Best to All!

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2011 at 6:27:53 pm

Hi Gerry,

probably the clips are in XDCam EX codec, and you don´t have this codec installed. You can get it for free from Apple. I´ve written an explanation how to download and install the latest Apple codecs without FCP here.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2011 at 6:44:20 pm

Thanks, I will check that link. Youre right, JVC uses Sony XDCam format.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2011 at 6:56:51 pm

Hi Floh,
Just run ito some technical issues. I tried downloading theProApps and my system requirement is fine but I ended with an alert window saying 10.6 needed but I'm running 10.5.8 right now. Is there an older version somehwere or this is the only version.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2011 at 7:33:57 pm

My bad, did not follow instructions but I was able to install it with pacifist.

Return to posts index

Jon KozenkoRe: Green Clips inside Bin
by on Aug 10, 2011 at 5:42:16 pm

Gerry,

Since Quicktime was unable to recognize the codec, then one thing you can do (if you are still having the problem) is open the movie, and click Command-I - this will give you the movie properties, including its compression type. There is a good chance that you can find, via Google, a component file that will allow you to play these files back. I have done this myself with an obscure component due to an odd format from a screen-capture program.

What you'd primarily want is a component file, likely ending with '.component'; these files are self-contained and can be added to your system by simply moving the file to your system. After you get the file, you would want to place it into this location -
Macintosh HD :: Library :: Quicktime

Return to posts index

by on Aug 10, 2011 at 7:46:55 pm

Hi Jon
I am sure you're right about the missing component issue. Most likely its part of FCP somewhere which I wont know. The video now is playing and far better in M100 than what I see when I playback in FCP which somehow I can see some faint jaggies in FCP. But, what if I dont have Final Cut? The downloaded Apple Codecs crashed Media 100 every time I import clips. Good it worked for me hoping it will work for everybody who has the same setup like mine.
Gerry

Return to posts index

by on Aug 11, 2011 at 8:48:46 am

Hi Gerry,

it is very likely that the versions of the codecs you downloaded from Apple does actually not work on Leopard. I did not realize you are on Leopard; they work on Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6.x) and Lion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]