MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

FCP to M100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug CalhounFCP to M100
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 8:08:39 pm

I have some old FCP projects with chapter markers that were created to export to Compressor to encode to DVD (by someone else). I'm now repurposing everything to streaming and am wondering if there is any way to export an XML from FCP that includes the Chapter Markers to M100? I've tried a few things and can't get them to show up.

(Maybe my workflow is wrong. Just exporting an XML from FCP and then importing one from M100)

I need to redigitize from masters and would like to incorporate them all into a M100 project and rearchive the final project (have been using M100 since '97 and don't think I'm going away from it).

Any input is appreciated. I'm running Studio 1.5.X.

Return to posts index

Doug CalhounRe: FCP to M100
by on Aug 9, 2011 at 3:27:04 pm

does anyone know if the XML format normally includes metadata like markers? Not sure if it's a M100 not seeing it or FCP output problem.

If anyone is fluent in both and can run any quick test, I would greatly appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: FCP to M100
by on Aug 9, 2011 at 3:37:21 pm

As far as I can tell markers are not supported in the XML exchange. One thing you could do to ease the transition is to export the markers from FCP as a text file; there is something under the File->export menu, I think it is called Marker List. This is simply a text document which could be used for reference purposes. Or you could try to create an AppleScript to read this marker document and to place markers in Media 100 based on it.

Return to posts index

Doug CalhounRe: FCP to M100
by on Aug 10, 2011 at 11:24:55 pm

Thanks Floh, I'll give it a go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved