MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Running an old version of Media 100 on brand new MacPro

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric NicastroRunning an old version of Media 100 on brand new MacPro
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 7:48:41 pm

I have a Media 100 version 8.2.3 on an old Mac G4 with PowerPC. The M100 has all of the hardware cards too. What I want to know is will the M100 software run on our new MacPro's with Intel processors? I don't care about the hardware cards. We just need to keep our old M100 machines running because we have hundreds if not thousands of spots we go back to on a regular basis. But our G4's are fading quickly. Our shop has brand new MacPro's running FCS 3 with the AJA Kona LHi card. Now I'm sure that the Media 100 can't output a signal through the AJA hardware. That's not an issue because we can just export a file from M100 and bring into FCP to lay to tape. So can the software only run?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Running an old version of Media 100 on brand new MacPro
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 8:33:21 pm

The Version V8.2.3 does not run without the hardware boards at all. It needs the boards e.g. to decompress the video files.

The new Media 100 SUITE V2 does work as software only, or with your Kona cards. And you can open your old V8.2.3 timelines and media files (just with HUGE speed and workflow improvements). So probably the easiest way would be to get Suite2, or at least the free 14day trial version and install it on your FCP system. The on
Y thing you should be aware of is that you right now need to stay below MacOS X 10.6.8, since Apple broke the Media100 i codec with the latest update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]