MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

trimming tools in media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marco Badalassi
trimming tools in media 100
on Jul 23, 2011 at 6:06:33 pm

Hi all,

I have not still downloaded the trial version of media 100 (I'm looking for an alternative to Final cut pro) so, please, forgive me for wasting your time.

The media 100 web site is quite poor of informations and I think it's nonsensical, especially when a lot of people are looking round for an other editing system.

So, could you tell me please if there is something like a trim window in media 100? I looked for it in media 100 website but I haven't found nothing.

Best,

Marco Badalassi

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: trimming tools in media 100
on Jul 23, 2011 at 9:31:46 pm

[Marco Badalassi] "So, could you tell me please if there is something like a trim window in media 100?"

Yes, it's there. Although I've been using Media 100 since 1996, I've actually never used the trim function so I can't say how it works - I do all my trimming in the timeline.

The two photos show how the edit suite window serves more than one purpose via the function buttons along the top.

0_editsuite1.jpg

2_editsuite2.jpg

Hope this helps you make the right decision.

Gary

This is me - this is what I do - http://web.mac.com/garymmw

Return to posts index

Marco Badalassi
on Jul 23, 2011 at 10:46:28 pm

Hi Gary,

thank you very much for your kind reply.

I'll download the trial version to try it out.

Thanks again,

Marco Badalassi

Return to posts index

Robert Slenker
on Jul 24, 2011 at 2:37:33 pm

You're gonna really dig Media100. I think all these folks who are looking for an alternative to FCP should give it a try. Boris really seems to be missing the boat (marketing-wise) on urging editors to try it.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jul 24, 2011 at 8:22:40 pm

That edit window does more than just trim by the way, it enables many other functions such as motion & colour FX and the opportunity to disable one or more audio tracks from a given clip.

I agree that Boris should really make an effort to take advantage of the FCP hiatus, maybe WE should post to the FCP forums? Anyone from Boris/Media 100 reading this?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Jul 26, 2011 at 9:18:06 pm

[Michael Slowe] "maybe WE should post to the FCP forums?"

I did early on after the FCP-X release AND I've been telling many FCP users I know personally to download the trial. The problems are multiple with the biggest being Media 100's image as being an old and out-dated and comparatively little publicity/promotion to reverse that mis-perception. The more people who try Suite 2, the more eyes will be opened and the more new, as well as former, users will adopt it as their NLE. IMHO.

SO, yes... let's keep banging away at this and, yes, DO post to the FCP forums reminding FCP'ers that there's a free trial that works with AJA, Matrox and Black Magic I/O hardware.

Return to posts index

Robert Slenker
on Jul 27, 2011 at 3:15:25 pm

I also saw that Media 100 Suite is now listed as a partner product on Digital Juice's web page. Boris needs to keep finding more avenues to advertise Media 100. Especially push that it includes Boris RED 5 and works harmoniously with FCP7 and CS5.5

Return to posts index

Rich Johnson
on Jul 28, 2011 at 3:46:20 am

Yeah, after they fix the "TITLE" bug first. Anyone having the same issue when doing a simple static title from Red to Media for a slate? It seems to just do it when it feels like it. The dialog box stays up saying it's busy. I even tried it from right click_title and one I saved??

Also if anyone knows where to get Bars/tone that works for SD and HD it would be great!

-Rich
OnePlace media, llc

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jul 28, 2011 at 9:14:31 am

Is Boris reading this forum with regard to PR for Media 100? We are all very happy continuing to edit with Media 100 but it would be nice to be joined (re joined?) by all the disenchanted FCP users.

On your title problem Robert, I've had no such problem but I thought Floh told us that the problem is limited to those on the new Mac OS, Lion. Are you on that version?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]