MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media100 Screen Sharing, error code 10002

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson KoszarskyMedia100 Screen Sharing, error code 10002
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 3:50:14 pm

We are transitioning from Media100HD on G5's to Media100 Suite2 on MacPros. Our new AJA boxes aren't here yet so the G5's haven't been completely removed from our legacy decks. In the transition set-up, I thought I could use Mac screen sharing to access the G5 on occasions when I might need to acquire something analog (the cinema display is attached to the MacPro now).

The problem now is Media100 on the G5 is giving me an error 10002 code when I try to launch it. I trashed the prefs folders but still get the error. Does Media100 not like having no monitor attached? Is there a fix for my temp set-up?

Jaeson

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Media100 Screen Sharing, error code 10002
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 4:00:58 pm

Wow, not that´s a problem. I would try to attach a monitor to see if the error message goes away. Not sure if it is related to the missing monitor.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Media100 Screen Sharing, error code 10002
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 5:00:02 pm

After you attach the monitor, if that solves the problem, try closing the subsampler windows before you quit the application. That error seems like it would be related to the subsamplers, so possibly if they don't exist, there won't be an error next time. Running without a subsampler is kind of difficult, though :-)

Return to posts index

Jaeson KoszarskyRe: Media100 Screen Sharing, error code 10002
by on Jul 14, 2011 at 8:09:30 pm

Media100HD on the G5 works fine IF the cinema display is attached. I can't get it to cooperate via screen sharing (with no monitor attached to the G5).

We have a 2nd G5 in another suite with monitor that hasn't been pulled yet. I did try connecting to it and screen sharing works ok, no error code there.

As soon as the AJA boxes arrive it won't matter but screen sharing would be a more convenient temporary solution than crawling behind the desk to move cables around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]