MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Mac OSX Lion

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave McCarthyMac OSX Lion
by on Jul 10, 2011 at 6:27:19 pm

Apple will release Mac OSX 10.7 Lion sometime in the next 3 weeks. We will announce a compatible update for Media 100 Suite shortly after that. Until we do, there is no version of Media 100 that will work on Lion, so please don't buy the OS update if you need to run Media 100 (unless of course you can put it on a different boot drive.) You should also consider possible compatibility issues for your other software and hardware.

Right now it is unclear whether 10.7 will have a fix for the Media 100 i codec problem that Apple introduced in 10.6.8. We are working with Apple to get a resolution on that for 10.6.8 and 10.7 if possible, but there are no guarantees.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Mac OSX Lion
by on Jul 12, 2011 at 2:55:09 pm

Hey Dave,

thanks a lot for letting us know. Looking forward to a Lion-compatible version.

Return to posts index

Rich JohnsonRe: Mac OSX Lion
by on Jul 28, 2011 at 3:38:47 am

What about a fix to the TITLE ISSUE in Boris Red? "Media 100 is busy while the clip is being edited." I'll say. Like forever!

Just one of a few bugs driving me crazy! I'd also be nice if Boris could offer a download for Bars&Tones also since none of their apps can create one. I even looked on AJA. Does anyone know where I can get/create broadcast SD and HD bars? Ones that work and don't get flagged from DG FastCh too ;)

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Mac OSX Lion
by on Jul 28, 2011 at 8:22:40 am

[Rich Johnson] "What about a fix to the TITLE ISSUE in Boris Red? "Media 100 is busy while the clip is being edited." I'll say. Like forever!"

Rich,

I´ve done several hundred titles in Boris Red 5 with Suite 2.0 and 2.01, and never had this issue. Please could you post a step-by-step description of what you are doing to get to this message? To me it sounds like you don´t "Apply" the title from Red to Media 100; sometimes the "Apply" button in Red is not visible all the time, and if you simply close all Red windows you will be stuck.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Mac OSX Lion
by on Jul 28, 2011 at 11:31:28 am

Did you try this?

Return to posts index

Rich JohnsonTitle freeze
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 3:26:35 am

Yes. Always update> then apply

I'm an old school Media100 guy. The days of the single field software w/ a GIANT APPLE was the only way to go. And at $30K it was a steal at half AVID's price and way easier to use.

Anyway, you named it I tried it.

Tried click'n off the layer, on the layer...HOLD>CONSTANT... I'm just doing a a static slate! I deleted the older version titles, made new ones...then tried the right>click pop in the title right from the timeline and still it works 50% of the time. Just recently i threw out the prefs and left all the palettes on the same screen. Not an issue so far. But being so busy I don't want to even risk it.

Thx

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Title freeze
by on Aug 5, 2011 at 9:20:03 am

[Rich Johnson] " Not an issue so far. But being so busy I don't want to even risk it."

Hmmm, okay. I hope it stays that way. Let us know if it shows up again.

Return to posts index

Matt DugasRe: Title freeze
by on Aug 7, 2011 at 11:38:25 pm

I have had Media 100 get stuck on the "Media 100 is busy..." for quite a while as well. I just upgraded from Producer to Suite and it just started happening. Here is what seems to happen:

Start M100, open a program either new or existing.
Create a new title and click edit (also when editing an existing title)
Click "cancel" to get out of the title interface (without clicking "apply."
Title interface goes away but M100 doesn't seem to recognize that I'm back...thus still showing the "M100 is busy" alert.
Force quite M100.
Go back to create or edit a title....works normally.

Hope this helps a little.

Return to posts index

Rich JohnsonMedia100 Suite - TimeFX
by on Aug 13, 2011 at 5:38:30 pm

Anyone have issues with RENDERING TimeFX? (slow or fast) It plays a bit then freezes. I'm also having the same issue with adding a color frame.

I reinstalled both AJA and Suite 2.01. Same issues unless the uninstall and I missed a pref someplace.

I'm wondering if it's a QT issue?

OS 10.6.7
QT7.66
Media100 Suite v2.01

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Media100 Suite - TimeFX
by on Aug 13, 2011 at 9:43:48 pm

There's a bug if you start with a clip in V1-99 and put a TimeFX on it. So, try moving the clip to Vab or to a bin first, then double click that clip and add the TimeFX.

I've been trying to fix this bug but it hasn't been easy.

Return to posts index

Rich JohnsonRe: Media100 Suite - TimeFX
by on Aug 14, 2011 at 12:20:09 am

Thanks for the fast response! Although it still seems to have a mind of it's own along with exporting titles from Boris, it worked The Yellow line was not it's usual RED. I applied it to the media directly from th BIN not the timeline. Edit Suite/Clip TimeFx> and cOhanging the speed to a desired 50%, selected "smooth" and "use preview online". For the hell of it I also changed the "freeze" to "playback", left 1-1; and made sure that ever so important everyday effect "STROBE" was unchecked although I thought the bottom options only pertained to strobe. ; 0)=

Maybe you can help with any of these??
1- How do you import MEDIA FILES w/o audio or select tracks certain tracks?

2- When I try to drop a multi-track audio file in the program it has one trying to lay the entire clip in and seems to always have a few frame more. So I play guess which tracks to shut off. Oddly it changes.

3- Export static text from or with in the new Media TXT feature. A Font issue?

4- Although works. Do you know why the audio FX chosen doesn't stay highlighted?

5- Lastly, any one come across your QT h264 files being much smaller in size and bit rate? I can't even adjust it now. best gets me 10mbit/sec

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Media100 Suite - TimeFX
by on Aug 14, 2011 at 4:03:33 pm

#1 - There is no UI to exclude specific audio tracks except in P2 import. It's something we will consider for the future. Meanwhile you can turn off the tracks after import with the Track Mapping button in the edit clip tab.

#2,3,4 - Sorry, I can't follow what you're saying.

#5 - I just tried a 30 second HD clip at 25fps, best quality, multipass. The resulting file was 225 MB. What do you mean that you can't adjust it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]