MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Media100 Suite2 hangs after visiting BorisRED5

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson Koszarsky
Media100 Suite2 hangs after visiting BorisRED5
on Jul 8, 2011 at 7:41:25 pm

I've had this happen several times now. I add a title clip to the Media100 Suite 2 timeline, edit the title in BorisRED5 & apply, return to Media100 and get a "Media 100 Suite is busy while the clip is being edited" message.

It doesn't always go away. Clicking around to other Media100 windows yields the Funk blast from the speakers. So I force quit and start over with the title track since I haven't found a way to turn autosave on in RED5 (clicking it in the preferences doesn't seem to work).

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmond
Re: Media100 Suite2 hangs after visiting BorisRED5
on Jul 9, 2011 at 12:43:18 am

I believe this problem was reported in April. Media 100 issued a 2.0.1 update and that seemed to fix it --at least, it fixed it for me. It's on their download page: http://media100.com/support/downloads.php

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthy
on Jul 9, 2011 at 3:47:04 pm

The problem is that all the RED windows are closed but RED is still active. You can see that in the menu bar: it's RED's menus, not Media 100 Suite's. You should be able to exit RED from the menu.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Koszarsky
on Jul 12, 2011 at 9:09:05 pm

I DLed it and installed. It worked fine for most of the day. Just now, I had it stuck again.

I was not able to exit via the menus.

I did find that if I clicked the desktop and then the Media100 window that interested me, I could work in that window, but that one only. So I could save the timeline. But if I go from the program timeline to a bin or any other Media100 window I get funked. If I want to save the bin next, click the desktop, then click the bin window.

Jaeson

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthy
on Jul 15, 2011 at 4:24:43 pm

Hmm. Do you have steps to reproduce this? When I simulate the problem by closing the main RED window, I can get the behavior you describe, including activating the individual bins and programs, but the menu bar is RED's and I can select File/Quit Boris RED and get back to normal.

Return to posts index

Frank Cann
on Oct 27, 2011 at 7:11:08 pm

I'm having the same problem - has anyone found a fix for this? Until then I guess I will continue to force quit - UGH!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]