MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

OMF export to Pro Tools

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Murray FergusonOMF export to Pro Tools
by on Jul 7, 2011 at 10:55:30 pm

The omf audio export tool has worked for me over the years in SD, even if it’s pretty buggy. But it appears not to work from an HD timeline. I tried pasting the audio tracks to a SD timeline but this also fails. Yet an original SD timeline exports fine. Seems pretty crazy to me. Anyone got any ideas on this. What are others doing to get their tracks to a sound mixer.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: OMF export to Pro Tools
by on Jul 13, 2011 at 10:44:18 am

Hmmm, sounds more like you have a bad audio file somewhere. As far as I understand copying the audio clips to the SD timeline did work, right? Then I am not sure why it should not export if not for a bad audio clip or some other sort of problem. What happens when it fails? Crash? Or an error message?

Return to posts index

Murray FergusonRe: OMF export to Pro Tools
by on Jul 13, 2011 at 9:57:46 pm

Hi Floh, the two projects I'm working on originated on a tapeless HDXD camera, and were imported via the sony transfer tool. Neither projects audio will export to omf. Older disc based SDXD projects will export. I don't see why it would make a difference, but I've tried pasting a few of the newer audio clips to an SD timeline, and they won't export fro there either. The omf tool opens briefly, for about a second, then closes. I have occasionally struck problems before, and have managed to get around it by isolating the track with the problem, and moving the clips elsewhere. Like I say, it's pretty buggy. I've since worked out I can export an XML to FCP and export an omf from there. But it's pretty annoying that I have to use another product to perform such a basic function. Thanks for taking time to help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved