MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

BorisRed effect rendering error

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay RysckiBorisRed effect rendering error
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 4:03:38 pm

I have these clips that I am modifying in from the M100 timeline and rendering out based on the codec - Apple ProRes - being used in the program. I have one clip that Boris keeps rendering out using the "animation" codec making the file huge and impossible to play. All the other clips render in ProRes properly. What am I missing?
SL 10.6.6 M100 2.0.1 Boris Red 5.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: BorisRed effect rendering error
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 7:24:45 pm

I don't know much about Red's internals, but maybe that particular render includes alpha and your chosen ProRes codec doesn't support alpha?

Return to posts index

jay RysckiRe: BorisRed effect rendering error
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 7:55:45 pm

The goofy part is that I have 30 other clips that I am modifying using the same BorisRed "project" specs and they all render out fine. All the footage came from the same M100 4x3 SD video program timeline. It is happening on just this one clip. Driving me batty.

Return to posts index

Gregg MichaelsRe: BorisRed effect rendering error
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 9:04:16 pm

How are you exporting the clip from M100? Are you specifying a range? I've had issues when exporting out a range that didn't have anything on any layer. Essentially, if there is an empty frame containing no clips in the range, or an unrendered black clip some where in my range, the Animation codec will appear. My workaround to this, in the case you have a black clip, is to put a 1 frame fade in or fade out in the black clip, so it is force rendered.

GM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]