MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Easy to use Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerry CondezEasy to use Media 100
by on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:57:56 pm

Hi Guys,
My son started using Media100 when he was 17 for school projects, now he is 18 and he's been shooting and editing our onsite same day edited presentations. Its a bit complicated but made possible with Media100. Most video were shot with 3 cameras and the latest video was last weekend. It was edited in 1hr 15 mins the shortest time he did was 45 mins of editing. If you guys get a chance, please view his video at http://www.gerrycondez.com/html/portfolio.html. As a fellow Media100 user, we'll be happy to hear your comments. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Easy to use Media 100
by on Jun 29, 2011 at 6:41:01 pm

Hi Gerry. None of the videos show anything for me, all black. Safari, Mac OS X 10.6.7 and 10.6.8.

Also, the very first video has two different spellings of the location.

Return to posts index

Gerry CondezRe: Easy to use Media 100
by on Jun 29, 2011 at 9:46:50 pm

Thanks Dave, Not sure why but heres another link at vimeo. thanks again for tying.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: Easy to use Media 100
by on Jun 30, 2011 at 11:44:47 am

OK, the original links worked from my home Mac; maybe some network issue. (Actually last night not all of them worked here either, so there might be some problem on the server.) Great concept! I'm no editor or camera man but I do have suggestions for the web page: You still have 2 different incorrect spellings of Chelsea. There are some strange tooltip popups with text like "port_01" and "Lorem ipsum." The wedding album link was slow and then I think your server crashed; it came back shortly.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Easy to use Media 100
by on Jun 30, 2011 at 12:03:01 pm

Gerry, it played fine on my Safari server here in London. Nice smooth edit but the music went on a bit and I found it irritating - did the couple want that music? Also, the exposure was a bit variable, it looked like the camera was on auto exposure, was it? Nice stuff though, and good angles and transitions. Is this just an excerpt, no guests shown, looked a bit 'sparse' without them!

Media 100 for ever!! Easy to use, great to look at, never lets you down.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Gerry CondezRe: Easy to use Media 100
by on Jun 30, 2011 at 3:20:50 pm

Thank you very much for the replies. We are trying to improve every time we go out there. We just acquired few Canon DSLR and edit on Media 100i through SDI. In the process we are learning. Its a bit hard to shoot with them since it does not have auto focus. Once on a stedicam, need to prefocus on the final shot but the rest will be blurry. We are just using lens adapter for our medium format camera lenses and all aperture are f1.4 by default and we also found out that there are times that the aperture goes 0.0 thats why it seems variable. All exposure we did was manual. It cant stop down to get better dof. As for the music, the couple selected them. Yes, and next time will add more candid of guest reactions. I appreciate your observations and thank you once again.
As for the media100. We fitted all the converters inside the G4 all in one unit and still edit in realtime. Its not as small as a laptop but it can handle the job.
Here are the pictures:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]