MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Spreading the word about M100

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus WarrenSpreading the word about M100
by on Jun 24, 2011 at 6:44:07 pm

There is an article on the Pro Video Coalition website titled "How to pick Mac video editing software after the FCP X launch". No where in the article is Media 100 Suite mentioned. Unfortunately I am unable to respond to the article right away. I'm hoping that several of you will respond, recommending Media 100 Suite as a very viable alternative based on the parameters the author presents. I will add a comment as well, as soon as I am able to.
Here's the link: http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/atepper/story/how_to_pick_mac_video_...

Spread the word: Media 100 Suite - Solid. Stable. Professional.

Return to posts index

Marcus WarrenRe: Spreading the word about M100
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 7:02:20 pm

Floh, well done! Your post on Pro Video Coalition conerning this matter said what needed to be said. It would be good if more of us would lend our voices to this effort. For some reason, I am having problems posting there, even though I am a registered member, but as soon as I can get that resolved, I'll chime in as well.

Thanks Floh!

Return to posts index

by on Jun 27, 2011 at 5:47:41 pm

Darn! Deleted my picture by accident.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: Spreading the word about M100
by on Jun 28, 2011 at 9:05:48 am

Marcus, the main problem is that when I laud the virtues of Media 100 to film makers they haven't heard of it. If Boris really want to help they should push the name forward whenever they advertise any Boris product - they often do not even mention Media 100. By the way my picture is squashed, I just dragged it from my desk top, how do I unsquash it?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

by on Jun 28, 2011 at 4:56:29 pm

Media 100 is taking a very crucial first step. For a limited time M100 is available at $400 off, according to the Media 100 website. The next step is for Boris FX to aggressively spread the word about the significant (temporary) price drop. Step 3 is to lower the upgrade price, even if only for a temporary period. Right now the lowest upgrade price and the purchase price are the same.

As far as the picture, have you tried to resize it in an image editor (like Photoshop)?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:55:45 pm

Wow. Along with the FCP X weirdness, Media 100 does something bizarre; drops the purchase price of Media 100 (for a limited time) and then eliminates the $595 upgrade price (which was already too high). If I am reading the info on the web site correctly, the least expensive way to upgrade to Media 100 now is $695, which is more than the current purchase price! The Boris FX/Media 100 guys are great at programming software, but not to swift in math...

Return to posts index

by on Jun 29, 2011 at 5:12:56 pm

That should be "too swift in math" before someone accuses me of not being too swift in English :)

Return to posts index

by on Jun 28, 2011 at 4:59:09 pm

I think the pictures are 72 x 72. You could try resizing it to a larger or smaller size and see how it displays when you upload it to the Cow site (if that is what are are trying to accomplish.)

Return to posts index

Paul EscamillaRe: Spreading the word about M100
by on Jul 22, 2011 at 3:29:05 pm

i've never used Media 100. I just installed the trial version and will give it a run-through. I'm also curious as to why everyone's talking about switching to either Premiere or Avid, but almost no one mentions Media 100.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 24, 2011 at 10:50:42 pm

Why are few people talking about Media 100? That's easy. It is not marketed very well, especially in comparison to Avid and Adobe products.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]