MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Time for FCP users to give M100 a serious look

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Time for FCP users to give M100 a serious look
on Jun 22, 2011 at 6:32:48 pm

Given what's going on with FCP-X, it would seem that this would be a great opportunity for Media 100 to heavily promote its free 14 day trial. With the FCP world in a state of near rebellion, what a great time to take a closer look at a highly viable -- and more importantly to the pros, reliable -- Mac-based NLE.

Oh, and did I mention that the newest versions of Media 100 software works quite nicely with older Media 100 projects and, using XML exchange, can directly transfer and open existing FCP 7 projects?

Now, IMHO, is the time for this message to get out loud and clear.

Return to posts index

Marcus Warren
Re: Time for FCP users to give M100 a serious look
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:29:34 pm

A drop in the upgrade price wouldn't hurt either, even if it is for a limited time.

Return to posts index

Marcus Warren
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:34:43 pm

...and to help sell Media 100, a more dynamic web site is needed with much more information and tutorials. The one version 2 webinar that is there needs to be scraped or redone considering the audio issues and technical problems it has. This is not the face you want to present to the professional world...

Return to posts index

Fermin Branger
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:04:11 am

...and publish reviews on specialized magazines such DV, Videography, American Cinematographer, Creative Cow (of course), Cinematography, and so on.
M100 have to say "hey, here we are, we're still giving peace of mind to editors, storytellers and producers in the whole world... We support 4K, 2k, red footagem AVC-Intra... "

Fermin Branger
ALFARERIA CINEMATOGRAFICA
Caracas, Venezuela.
http://www.alfareriacine.com

Return to posts index

J Hussar
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:37:46 am

I used to run a Media100 years ago when I started out, when M100 started falling apart I went to Final Cit and have been on FCP for at least 8 years now.

Frankly I'm disgusted today, and I think many FCP people are - I really like FCP. But if Apple is going to dumb FCP down to the point where it is, at best, iMovie pro, I will be moving on, as will all the other pros.

Media100 ought to do something and fast. I'm only in this forum because I am gauging where to go next. Also, what is the architecture of Media100 now? Is it 64 bit? How realtime are the transitions.

Return to posts index

Marcus Warren
on Jun 23, 2011 at 5:32:01 pm

Media 100 is not yet 64 bit. There is a class of transitions included that are real-time.

As Nick suggests, download the 14 day trial and try it for yourself. The recent price drop makes it a very good value. M100 It is solid, stable and professional. A Boris rep has already admitted that work is underway on Media 100 Suite v3 so now is a good time to jump in.

Return to posts index

Marcus Warren
on Jun 23, 2011 at 6:42:32 pm

With the release of FCP X you can be sure that Adobe and Avid smell blood...Hopefully, Media 100 has its nose open.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]