MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

XML export problem

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter DeArmond
XML export problem
on May 27, 2011 at 8:50:05 pm

I went to export a short program to XML, and Media 100 just disappeared. I mean, it just quit. I've never seen that before. Is this a known issue?

Return to posts index

Michael Hanish
Re: XML export problem
on May 28, 2011 at 10:51:09 am

Hi Peter,

I've had my share of problems with XML transfer, but all seems fine with the latest version of the Suite. What version are you having a problem with?

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmond
on May 28, 2011 at 6:56:52 pm

Hi Michael,

I'm using Suite 2.0.1, on the latest version of OS X. Quad core Intel Mac with 16GB RAM.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on May 28, 2011 at 1:05:32 pm

At least I haven´t heard about this problem before. Did you want to export the XML for AfterEffects or for FinalCutPro? Did you try it again? Same result? And is there an error message like "The application has unexpectedly quit"? If yes, you should copy the info provided in this dialog and send it to Media 100 Support with the steps you did to get to this problem. If they know about a problem chances are good that it is going to be fixed.

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmond
on May 28, 2011 at 6:59:28 pm

I was going to export for After Effects. Tried it twice with the same result. No error message at all, which seemed strange to me. I've just never seen it disappear like that before.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on May 29, 2011 at 5:51:08 pm

Maybe you should split your timeline in 2 parts and have a look at if one of the parts also shows the problem. Or take the media files offline to see if the same happens without media files. If yes, you could send the timeline to Media 100 support so that they can reproduce the problem…

Return to posts index

Michael Hanish
on May 30, 2011 at 10:12:52 am

I had the XML export problem with Suite 2.01, but the export XML file just didn't open in AE, crashed AE in fact. It didn't make Media100 disappear, and seems to work fine in the latest beta. I had that same disappearing act several versions ago when trying to export to QuickTime. Never figured out what actually caused it, but what seemed to stop Media100 disappearing in that case was logging out and logging back in as administrator and running Media100. You might try that, even though it sounds like voodoo, it might help.

More likely is Floh's troubleshooting scenario. M100's tec h support can help you.
Good luck,

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmond
on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:15:28 pm

Floh and Michael,

Thank you for the suggestions. Here's an update: I can export a file for After Effects, but I cannot export a regular XML file. When I go to File>Export>XML it always results in Media 100 quitting and disappearing with no error message whatsoever.

I've repaired permissions, all the usual voodoo, created new projects/programs, etc., all with the same effect. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen in Media 100.

Fortunately, I don't really need to export "regular" XML for Final Cut, since I hardly ever use it. Since the After Effects export works, I'm okay for now. It's just very strange that it would vanish with no error message.

And... even with this little quirk, I'd still rather use Media 100 than anything else.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthy
on Jun 2, 2011 at 4:29:35 am

Just picking that menu item? So you don't get the export dialog where you can name the file and choose options? In that case look for a file named com.Media100.Media100Suite.plist in your preferences folder (~/Library/Preferences/com.Media100.Media100Suite.plist) and delete that. That file is where Mac OSX remembers things like dialog size, position and last folder used.

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmond
on Jun 2, 2011 at 7:47:21 am

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I do get the export dialog window, but after I name the file and click on Export, everything disappears with no error message.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthy
on Jun 2, 2011 at 12:01:59 pm

This happens for every program, no matter how trivial its contents?
If it only happens for some programs, can you zip one and send it to support? It might be possible to figure out what is happening; no media needed.

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmond
on Jun 2, 2011 at 3:38:37 pm

Yes, so far it happens with every program, no matter what size. I've tried exporting the entire program or just a selected range, same result.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthy
on Jun 2, 2011 at 4:08:07 pm

XML export doesn't have a "selected range" option. So please try this: create a new program, put a single black clip in the video track, and export that to XML.

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmond
on Jun 2, 2011 at 5:05:15 pm

With the black clip it was the same result.

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthy
on Jun 2, 2011 at 9:04:48 pm

Wow. Anything appear in your console log?

If you have another boot disk, you could try installing Media 100 Suite there just to run a quick test. Or log in as a different user. This is just weird. Oh one other idea: what are the video and audio standards you're working in?

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmond
on Jun 4, 2011 at 6:32:53 pm

Here's what appears in the Console log when I click Export:

[0x0-0x32032].com.Media100.Media100Suite[1329] Unknown exception caught in top level handler

Video and audio standards: All the video I shoot is 720p60 (actually 59.94); all my timelines are 720p 59.94, which always works; audio is 48k.

I import video as Apple ProRes HQ and sometimes just Apple ProRes normal.

I don't have an extra boot disk.

I never have problems exporting uncompressed ranges or program timelines as files that I import into Episode for encoding for the internet.

Everything works fine except for the XML export.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]