MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

HD edit to 16x9 letterbox

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lukkee ChongHD edit to 16x9 letterbox
by on May 24, 2011 at 10:31:37 pm

So having edited a HD project inclusive of Boris Red efx and graphic overlays I have done the "conform" via the media menu in Media100. All the footage without efx or graphics come in letter boxed fine, problem is with footage that I have placed efx on in the time line and with graphics. These come in un-rendered and not letter boxed. Am I missing a step here? I have had this problem before without any resolution.
Media100HD 1.6, HDx, RED 4.3.6, Mac Dual 2.7, OS 10.5.8.
Thanks for any assistance.

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: HD edit to 16x9 letterbox
by on May 26, 2011 at 10:09:48 am

Can you post a timeline file zipped somewhere, so that I can have a look at what is happening there?

As a workaround, you could export your whole timeline self-contained, reimport and conform then to SD… or maybe the new conform in Suite 2 will work better. Maybe you should give the trial version a chance.

Return to posts index

Ken BoyerRe: HD edit to 16x9 letterbox
by on May 31, 2011 at 6:09:42 pm

We have had similar problems, going back a few versions of M100 (currently on 2.0.1). If I place text over an HD program, then conform to a letterboxed SD program, the text doesn't scale correctly.

My example is placing an arrow over something in an HD program using Boris. When I conform to SD, the arrow will shift to a different position in the frame, no longer pointing in the right place.

Please keep this thread going so we all can share the knowledge, assuming there is a solution.

Return to posts index

Michael SloweRe: HD edit to 16x9 letterbox
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 4:14:20 pm

Now you mention it I had this problem with older versions of Media 100 and I got over it by, after conforming, deleting the titles and re making them over the SD conformed programme. I also found all sorts of odd things had happened with fades and mixes but I haven't done this for a while so can't really remember precisely. I now mostly only make DVD's from an HD timeline and let BitVice do the downscale and BD's of course direct from an exported ProRes file. Our need for SD tapes from HD is I imagine reducing rapidly.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Lukkee ChongRe: HD edit to 16x9 letterbox
by on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:18:02 pm

I have found it easier to import the HD render of files rendered from effects being placed on them then dropping them into a sd 4x3 timeline and letterboxing that way. Of course certain transitions will give it away, eg: page turns, as the black part of the transition also moves. But this way adjustments can still be made instead of doing a full reference render of the HD program.
I have tried to discuss this before with no solution...
Flo, where can I email a timeline to you?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved