MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

footage is dark

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
noah wightfootage is dark
by on May 17, 2011 at 9:51:53 pm

Using V1.7 I'm getting contrasty and dark footage from AVCHD imports. I'm getting the same result on Mini DV footage taken in via firewire. Seems like those two are separate processes and getting the same result would indicate a Media 100 setting. I'm using a BMD Decklink card. Any idea?

Return to posts index

Dave McCarthyRe: footage is dark
by on May 18, 2011 at 6:08:33 pm

The BlackMagic cards run with their own control panel settings, so I would look there and not in the Media 100 preferences.

Return to posts index

noah wightRe: footage is dark
by on May 18, 2011 at 7:11:33 pm

I checked there. Everything is set to factory settings and it seems to have changed after having the card in for a couple months. There's nothing specific I remember changing in Media 100 and I haven't changed anything on the card. Also neither source is through the cards inputs, they are all via firewire or card reader.

Return to posts index

Lukkee ChongRe: footage is dark
by on Jun 15, 2011 at 12:07:01 pm

Hi Noah. Did you find a solution? I am having same issues, also with footage digitized via firewire in FCP. Strange thing is when I bring an FCP cut via XML into Media100 of the exact same footage it looks fine!

Return to posts index

noah wightRe: footage is dark
by on Jun 15, 2011 at 2:03:17 pm

No. I even updated to version 2 to see if that would fix the issue. Taking video in via firewire looks fine now but anything i import as AVCHD is about 20% dark.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]