MEDIA 100: Media 100 844/X Forum Media 100 Forum Media 100 Tutorials

Files changed to Unix Executable

COW Forums : Media 100

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry BloodFiles changed to Unix Executable
by on May 10, 2011 at 7:53:47 pm

I moved some Media 100 projects, bins and programs to a cloud to back them up. When I retrieved them the "kind" was changed to Unix Executable File. I went into get info and changed "open with" to producer. the kind changed but the files still will not open properly and have the grey icon with green text instead of the proper icon. Does anyone know how to restore these files to run in Media 100?

Return to posts index

Floh PetersRe: Files changed to Unix Executable
by on May 10, 2011 at 11:08:44 pm

Media 100 documents (like many MacOS files) contains of 2 parts, a resource fork and a data fork. Windows and Linux systems usually store the data fork, so it could be quite likely that your cloud storage solution did not store the resource fork. Usually it is a good idea to zip files before sending them to the cloud. If the resource fork is gone there is not much you can do, as far as I know.

Return to posts index

Henry BloodRe: Files changed to Unix Executable
by on May 17, 2011 at 9:17:27 pm

Looks like the resource fork was saved incorrectly. I used "a better finder-attributes" to correct the creator code and type code. Files work fine now. Thanks for the zip tip. I found adobe files were incorrect as well and were changed to open in Preview. I opened them in the correct adobe app and saved them correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved